Sign in to follow this  
Manuel1989

FMCZ, FMEE runway elevation problem B777, B738

Hello,

This is the first time I post a topic on this forum, and it is to send you a problem of elevation on the airports of FMEE, FMCZ. Indeed, several incidents have been reported at the FSDG developer regarding the runway elevation problem only on PMDG aircraft, in this case B777-300, B737-800. The developer to confirm that it was not a beug of their scenes but a problem on PMDG planes. To describe the problem,  I appear to hit an invisible wall just as the aircraft enters the runway threshold and lands hard on the runway (always a crash if detection is enabled). Papi lights for landing profile are as expected (two red, two white) I am using P3D v4.3 and have Orbx Global installed and mesh in 5m P3D configuration.

If you have a solution to this problem, I will be very grateful

Manuel TRAMARD

CPU:  Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz | GPU: GeForce RTX 4080  | OS: Win11 Pro 64bit | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 Go 4 x 16 Go DDR4-2600  | SSD: Samsung MVMe 2 To | Monitor:LG 4K "  | Resolution: 4096x2160  | Additional Hardware: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick&Quadrant&Addons  | Sims: P3D v5.3, MSFS

58 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I really don't know how the plane can be responsible for invisible walls.

I know but what's odd is that with the QW787 or FSLA320 I have no crash when landing, everything is normal, it with the PMDG aircraft that there is this problem. I will provide a video for example

Manuel TRAMARD

CPU:  Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz | GPU: GeForce RTX 4080  | OS: Win11 Pro 64bit | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 Go 4 x 16 Go DDR4-2600  | SSD: Samsung MVMe 2 To | Monitor:LG 4K "  | Resolution: 4096x2160  | Additional Hardware: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick&Quadrant&Addons  | Sims: P3D v5.3, MSFS

I seem to recall this issue coming up in the past with airports where the final approach is over water (e.g. SFO).

As I recall the solution was to change the mesh resolution but I can't recall what to!

Some problems I have had with various airport sceneries have been solved with a mesh resolution of 5m.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

2 hours ago, srcooke said:

Disable the unrealistic crash detection.

He said IF enabled so that leads to believe that, he uses the detection for debugging purposes.

21 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

mesh resolution of 5m

Which his Sim is set to.

I know reading is not for everybody.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

That's true. Even Homer nods. I shall try to improve.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

29 minutes ago, 30K said:

He said IF enabled so that leads to believe that, he uses the detection for debugging purposes.

Which is why suggested disabling the crash detection and trying a wider mesh setting, known to cause issues at runways adjacent to water.

5m may not be enough as experience has shown.

Edited by srcooke

Voici à quoi ça ressemble en vidéo

Edited by Manuel1989

Manuel TRAMARD

4 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Some problems I have had with various airport sceneries have been solved with a mesh resolution of 5m.

even with the mesh at 5m I have this problem

Manuel TRAMARD

Try different mesh resolution?  What mesh addon if any are you using?

Dan Downs KCRP

This looks like FSDG renuion. 

ORBX Vector? Disable manually if needed.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Nothing solves the issue, it's there and it's for FSDG to solve apparently.

I have everything set to maximum, including mesh resolution, i have *ALL* vector airports disabled, i don't use fixes at all, i tried moving the airport up and down in the sequence, but the problem is still there.

FDSG probably left some files out of the airport archive.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Here is the answer from one of the FSDG developers:

- " We have not been able to solve this issue with PMDG aircraft yet. There seems to be something PMDG-specific that causes this to happen."

We run around in circles and nobody knows the real problem because I tried with several types of maillgage and even disabled vectors, same problem

Manuel TRAMARD