Sign in to follow this  
pinepix62

Are the Flight 1 GTN's a performance hog

16 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Where exactly is the Core setting in F1 Config tool?

Not sure (Not on my PC), but in the Config Tool Select your plane, then Click on the GTN750 or GTN650 Upper Tabs and scroll down on the options.

Or You can edit the F1GTN.ini file in Your airplane folder. Look for CPU Core=0 (And change to whatever core You want) Do this for all 4 units in the file.
(First: Make a backup of the file)

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RamonB said:

Not sure (Not on my PC), but in the Config Tool Select your plane, then Click on the GTN750 or GTN650 Upper Tabs and scroll down on the options.

Or You can edit the F1GTN.ini file in Your airplane folder. Look for CPU Core=0 (And change to whatever core You want) Do this for all 4 units in the file.
(First: Make a backup of the file)

Thank You Sir !!!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

BTW, has anyone come with a method to update the Garmin data bases to current data rather than waiting for Garmin.  The current version that I have is from 2016. 

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

2 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

BTW, has anyone come with a method to update the Garmin data bases to current data rather than waiting for Garmin.  The current version that I have is from 2016. 

Jim Driskell

Yes. Google it. I have dbase 1813. You need to update the Trainer and there are specific files to update. Good luck.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

2 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

Jim Driskell

16 minutes ago, ShezA said:

Yes. Google it. I have dbase 1813. You need to update the Trainer and there are specific files to update. Good luck.

Yes we can update the database, but be careful, Do not Update the Garmin Trainer. The current version of the F1GTN won't work with the latest Garmin Trainer.
Just update the database. (Ie. download and extract, then copy the appropriate files.)

27 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Yes we can update the database, but be careful, Do not Update the Garmin Trainer. The current version of the F1GTN won't work with the latest Garmin Trainer.
Just update the database. (Ie. download and extract, then copy the appropriate files.)

Hi Ramon-

Can you give me specific directions on how to do this? I've been looking for this solution for quite a while. I was told you had to buy the update from Garmin for a lump of cash hence making the whole thing out of reach.

I'd really appreciate you help with this.

Thanks!

Mark

@newtie

Latest AIRAC I have is 1803.
Check Your PM

Edited by RamonB