Sign in to follow this  
iwebber

The A340 Part 2 (Still with no A340s)

This is a follow on from my original post

uc?id=163QniRSGpNNzh1WfulXqXo171x2xBTRG
Excuse me....

These night shots have been enhanced a little or else they'd just be black, depending on which monitor I use to look at them they are at different shades of brightness.

uc?id=19gGobXXMKcmnAoEFn3Iy6d08MsV3wv26
After the departing Dash8 line up and wait 1C

uc?id=1_bPMRn9b5J_BNfiLIcAjQkm5kquYzYw5
Ready to go...

uc?id=11amaZcp-pEIoYLg02oH9F1dwP-A2CgOl
Hopefully these aren't too dark, that is some Orbx North America LC scenery out of the window.

uc?id=1hG5kPaFCvZUu6jZxj07KqkeU15Oi4Pvg

uc?id=1-lPnxgTWjCeS3CVZ0e6V82VcviT8KCdy
More passenger views....

uc?id=1N-Q177pnluS5_1026LCyOQhC1DSbK8K2

uc?id=1HrXyyxh4-kAtpv0BuWeXsUC5NGiZt7CS
Argghhhhh! Stop posting night time passenger pics, nobody's interested anymore!...

... but they're so beautiful.......

uc?id=1u4fWNMHAcRPidzPZqvcc9zbQR8A9-_Ec
OK, here's a picture of a United 777 and the moon.

uc?id=18gvYMGTAvFZnS2ty_DIV_mAei3WK3wVY
A few Air Canada Beech 1900's parked up for the night somewhere cold and remote.

At this point I went to bed, I mean for my break. On returning from a not very restful slumber (we had a teething baby at the time) we were approaching Ireland and flew over London. I spent way too long watching all the different AI traffic flying around the South of England and took so many photo's it warranted it's own thread here.

uc?id=1g_3xOoDQHVfbAoon3xvUPWsDHOHLy_Du
As we pass over continental Europe we see a China Airline Cargo jumbo.

uc?id=1-bzuptVQoUzrLE_X4unH4UYpzSF7jksv
A few hours later and things are getting decidedly sandy down there, must be nearly home.

uc?id=1geBxMZQP3wheP6mSJ49PPmodpGcMBOC8
Local carriers now abound (I think that's me in the background). Qatar, of course, is one of the remaining A346 operators, I wonder how I can get myself to one of the QTR A346 destinations?

uc?id=17u4MvyhMUsutIDsoxfZpsFqEf9Ss_b2p
Fed Ex MD11 earning some money with the mountains between Iran and Iraq in the background.

uc?id=14QmWvKhTROVn5toSxp51HBnHek1eQdEE
Kuwait (I think) out of my window...

I think I'll try and pick up a QTR A346 in Bangkok and bring it back to Doha as the QTR837. So now, how to get to VTBS?

uc?id=1oZ_w5WFVEinbPlsNEUYAcIpq99Ybo5tz
Well in the descent now, passing the city of Abu Dhabi heading downwind for the airport.

uc?id=1uJfApPy9rka44D_6tbLrs0itujzg3dXp
Passing the airfield with it's lovely brand new terminal... that's not open yet.

uc?id=1btWXJioc0ShnI1hUwZNNMBNv8bUBArZU
They turn us in a little before I was expecting (I was running out of time) so speedbrakes out as we turn onto base.

uc?id=1ctYWPrMH_lFMCayJjzaDfzpen5aOmB5k
Taxiing in it looks decidedly hazy.

uc?id=1NV1rJhtDVrXGbl548AosY3GC82Af6jW9
Parked up and unloading.

Sorry, still no A340s but I have a plan now... I'll see what I can do for next time.

• Like 2