Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

QualityWings 146 Released for V4

For sure. We still lack a decent 767 for V4. Sad we had an awesome md-11 but the devs dumped it. Guess we'll have to wait for a tfdi md11 I guess. Until then I'll enjoy this piece of history to and from LCY. I love the engine gauges. They are the same ones as the MD80 and 737 Classic but they had to put in 2 just because there were 4 engines. 

29 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

For sure. We still lack a decent 767 for V4. Sad we had an awesome md-11 but the devs dumped it. Guess we'll have to wait for a tfdi md11 I guess. Until then I'll enjoy this piece of history to and from LCY. I love the engine gauges. They are the same ones as the MD80 and 737 Classic but they had to put in 2 just because there were 4 engines. 

I would kill for a 767.  It's the one thing that's been missing for me.  Not that it's super important but it's also keeping me at 757 and below for my VA (well at least until the Aerosoft A330 comes out and the checkride software is compatible with it).  

• Like 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1 hour ago, LH340fan said:

For the people who complain about this bird: Honestly I tend to be rude about quality(wings haha old joke) but how do you even dare complaining? it's 19.99 US! NO OTHER plane this level has ever had this kind of pricing in p3dV4. Aesthetics aren't 4K, but honestly, do you prefer being able to run it on litterally ANY system or having trouble to run it on even the best PCs out there? 

I personnally think this is a brilliant plan, and with this sort of pricing even the AS busses lost the appeal of many many buyers...  

And who knows, maybe we can get updates after then (trueglass & reallight would be the cherry on the cake TBH)

Since we now have tons of airports to suit this plane (EBBR,EGLC,LSZH and others) the destinations are plenty.

Sincerely, KUDOS,kudos to the QW team.:rolleyes:

TOtally agree, I encourage as much positive feedback and praise for QW over this pricing decision... hopefully it will encourage others to do the same

Have to relearn it, but at $20, it's a no brainer.

Also I don't remember the plane looking this good at night.

2018-11-14_1-55-56-839_zpsiac8m2b6.jpg

2018-11-14_1-55-33-46_zps4uuyxfbx.jpg

2018-11-14_1-53-45-11_zpskrhlnwgf.jpg

2018-11-14_1-53-13-300_zpsnbbt8msk.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

@Nachezdc9,

Thanks for posting those lines to add to the cfg to get the MilViz Wx Radar working in the BAe146!

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

4 hours ago, nachezdc9 said:

after spending some time I managed to set the milviz wx. try this after installing the wx radar with the program in to the plane.

add this lines to panel.cfg in [vcockpit02]

gauge35=QWings146!QW146_VC_WXR_Enable, 0,0,0,0
gauge36=MV_WX!WX2D, 442,482,395,327
gauge37=MV_WX!WX, 504,596,270,149

Am I correct that the milviz radar gauge won't work with ActiveSky?  (Only with REX)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 minutes ago, Mace said:

Am I correct that the milviz radar gauge won't work with ActiveSky?  (Only with REX) 

It works just fine with ActiveSky.
Actually if I recall correctly it works with any weather engine, be it freeware, default weather, AS & REX.

Edited by RamonB

13 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Just not enough out there for us to justify doing it. And new development on it is closed.

FWIW there are more remaining Pax, Charters and VIPs out there than freighters.

Very few freighter and tanker versions of the the 146 are still around.

Also nothing wrong with doing some legacy airline flying either. It's just Flight Sim 😉

People have different preferences. I prefer flying real routes and mostly cargo flying. Back in the original release there used to be more variety of pax, now there are more variety of cargo scheduled service even though TNT has cut back their fleet.

Edited by Boeing or not going

@Daedalus Nothing wrong with being picky, we each spend our money as we see fit and we all find different things important. If the lack of 3D gauges ruins the immersion for you, there's no point buying it as you wouldn't enjoy it.

Besides, it would be hypocritical of me hold it against you as there's two payware Robin DR400 and I won't buy either because they don't meet my quality standards in at least one area.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, LH340fan said:

who knows, maybe we can get updates after then (trueglass & reallight would be the cherry on the cake TBH) 

Agree 100%! I wonder if QW could implement these TrueGlass & RealLight  into the 146 without extensive re-write of code or if they would even consider it as an option?

RE Thomason Jr.

5 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Agree 100%! I wonder if QW could implement these TrueGlass & RealLight  into the 146 without extensive re-write of code or if they would even consider it as an option?

Well there already are functionning wipers. I think I read on a TFDI forum that you only need to establish the moment at which the wiper wipes and the radius of the wiping zone. I'd say 70% texturing, 30% coding. same thing for realligt. I have their 787 and oh BOI is it nice. Model is newer, but still it looks amazing. Wish I had a decent GPU to run  it properly though. It's okay on the CPU but quite hungry on the GPU

2 hours ago, RamonB said:

It works just fine with ActiveSky.
Actually if I recall correctly it works with any weather engine, be it freeware, default weather, AS & REX.

YES. I love unlimited weather radars! Do you know if this trick could work on the 787 as well? (don't have AS yet)

Edited by LH340fan

We tweaked quite a few things to optimize it for P3Dv4. And also added some Easter Eggs like the vintage Honeywell altitude callouts for the older 146 models. Things like that.

Originally back in 2009-2011 when we were developing the product (Our 2nd) for FS9, plan was to only do the ARJ variants... hence more time was spend with those and they are virtually all 3D. We then decided to do the legacy BAe's as well and we spent quite a bit of time working on those too. There are 2 different types of analog ADIs on the real thing... one in real life is almost flat in appearance similar to the single cue analog 737-300 ADI but we didnt do that one. We modeled the one that is a noticable ball but ours is "enhanced" 2D. Mostly everything else is 3D.

Keep in mind it was built for FS9 at first, note all the 2D panels, and we then redid everything native FSX and now converted to 64bit.

Fast forward all these years later the analog version we'd have done completely 3D now a days in 4096x2 if we had begun developing recently... but the core look of the gauge is accurate just lacks the depth and angles of a full 3D analog ADI.

The ARJ and 146-300s are mostly all 3D.

Overall the VC we feel has aged well and still looks good for a nice aesthetics and performance trade off.

This was a niche release for us and after some time on the market we felt it wasn't worth doing the QT and tanker variants as even in their hey day they were very rare in the freight world. So we focused on what everyone remembers the 146 and ARJ for. The fairly successful run it had as a regional and short to low yield medium haul passenger carrier from the mid 80s up until the earlier part of this decade.

We have truly wanted to bring it to P3Dv4 for quite some time now. We're a small but experienced and capable team, and obviously lately our time has been consumed by the 787. We're glad that it's out now for you all to enjoy.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Would love to see true glass implemented like the 87. Or even A2A’s free version. Thanks for this awesome plane. 

10 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

TOtally agree, I encourage as much positive feedback and praise for QW over this pricing decision... hopefully it will encourage others to do the same

double agreed … I was just looking at this a couple of weeks ago and thought I might get it one day … thanks QW for reading my mind!

This series well holds its own. A great port to P3Dv4 with a great price. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb