Sign in to follow this  

CTD

I am getting Crash To Desktop during the following P3Dv4 operation.

I an starting P3Dv4v without any addons with the exception PMDG, A2A ,Beechcraft V35B Bonanza and Carenado C90B King Air, ChasePlane, GF and GF interface loaded.. 

I Have the Beechcraft Bonanza setting on the runway while I am programing the switches. After about 15 minutes I crash to the desktop.

The light blue screen with fuzzy letters informs me that the ddfltsys failed.

This has happened 3 times.

I just did a complete format and installed Windows 10 Pro yesterday.

Without starting P3Dv4 loaded the system is stable.

Tom Johnson

Disable the cmeteoxml.dll in the main directory of P3D.  This module is known to cause crashes.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Before I disable that , I found something else that caused the last crash.

I started P3Dv4 and loaded the A2A plane and left it sit on the Elgin AFB for an hour. Nothing happened until I started configuring the switches with GoFlight Configure. not GoFlight Interface Tool.

The blue screen flashed up again after only 5 minutes.

Stop Code System Service Exception

ddfltsys

I will now delete the cmeteoxml.dll and try it again.

Thanks for the response.

Tom Johnson

That did not fix the problem.

Thanks for the input. At least I know what did not cause it.

5 hours ago, 0310 said:

ddfltsys

I will now delete the cmeteoxml.dll and try it again.

What does the ddfltsys belong to?  Does not show up on Google.

I hope you did not delete CmeteoXml.dll.  It is the weather radar for Carenado.  You do not need it for any of the Carenado aircraft to work. The CmeteoXml will usually cause a crash if you have any heavy weather enabled.

5 hours ago, 0310 said:

Stop Code System Service Exception

This indicates you received a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error.  See page 9, AVSIM CTD Guide for a link to download the BlueScreenViewer.  This viewer will give you an idea as to what driver or hardware caused the crash.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well I did the following to correct my problem.

I did a complete format and re-installed my windows 10 Pro and all the programs that I had installed before my format and had the same problem.

I did another re-format and re-install my Windows 10 onto a different SSD. This is the SSD that I originally install my system before I started having problems and the problem disappeared. 

The reason I changed hard drives was the first install was on a 500 Gig SSD and I was installing my P3D and World of Tanks on a separated 225 Gig SSD.

I wanted to put everything on one 900 Gig SSD. This SSD is about 4 years old and it checked out ok with my WD drive test program.

Still don't know what the problem was but it went way and I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and complain.

I am thinking about upgrading to the following PC. ROG Strix GL12 Call of Duty Edition Gaming Desktop, Overclocked Intel Core i7-9700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD, Windows 10 - GL12CX-DH781-COD

I have looked at the cost to upgrade my existing computer and the cost of a new one which is $2600.00 US.

To upgrade mine is close to $2000.00 US.

I would like to hear your opinion.

Tom Johnson

Edited by 0310

1 hour ago, 0310 said:

I did a complete format and re-installed my windows 10 Pro and all the programs that I had installed before my format and had the same problem.

I did another re-format and re-install my Windows 10 onto a different SSD. This is the SSD that I originally install my system before I started having problems and the problem disappeared.  

When you get a BSOD, it will not be Windows 10 at fault but hardware.  Evidently your SSD failed.  Frustrating to be sure as finding the piece of hardware that failed is sometimes very difficult.  A driver for the hardware will cause the crash too.  This is why the AVSIM CTD Guide suggests running a driver update program especially if you just installed Windows 10 (or Windows 7).

My system (see signature for specs) can be had for $1600 to $2000.  Probably less if you use some of the components from your old system.  I built this system and rebuilding is considerably cheaper.  Here is a link to the benchmark to my system.  Remember, you will need to buy Windows 10 again if you install a new MB (about $120).  Next to each component is the current price for each component. At the bottom, the site recommends these components and others and provides a price.  As you can see, my system is considered a 'UFO'...

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12181724

Submit News to AVSIM