Sign in to follow this  
Guest Will__UK

Simmers fighting in the Forums...

Guest Water Mango

You know I was just reading through the FSX forum only to find one thread where two great guys got into the most heated clash. I'm new here but I've been reading through these forums for quite some time. I've seen more than a few times where someone tries to step on the other or discredit another

I never understood why people get so riled up over a piece of gaming software. It's a game, ferchrissakes. ricardo

Guest lemonadedrinker

A game? Tell my passengers that as they stumble off the airplane, more likely than not a DC-4, onto terra firma after another rickety flight and crabwise landing with a few bounces to wake them up. A game indeed. Hah!Andy.

Guest Vilk

send them in. i will tell them;-)

>I never understood why people get so riled up over a piece of>gaming software. It's a game, ferchrissakes. >>ricardoSeeing it from a larger point of view, aggressiveness is deep rooted in mankind: humans have always fought and always will. It's much better they relieve it with some bytes on the screen than burning embassies. :DMarco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Longbow

Its not a game. Its a simulator. Get it right.But yes, its annoying to see people fight over silly things such as "which is better: the VC or 2d panel?".

Guest IanP

Ooh, I'm sorry, but I have to rise to the bait...http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspxhttp://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulator.aspxProsecution rests, m'lud... :-lolWhy can't it be a game and a simulator? Microsoft obviously think it is...Ian P.

Once you spend some time in the forums here you get to know who are "creditable" and who are full of it, LOL. Those of us that have been here awhile are used to these people and occasionally get in a thread with them where we become more vocal than we should. For the most part AVSIM do a good job of keeping the peace and I usually agree with Ken, John and Tom.This is a world wide foruum and we are all coming from different environments/backgrounds, so it's to be expected to have disagreements.One of the things I enjoy most about AVSIM is that people do have opinions and a conversation can happen instead of just a bunch of yes men.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

OK, lets decide now. BOEING or airbus ?JimCYWG

I don't have an opinion on that, but Intel is definitely better than AMD.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I don't know about that, shall we drive to McDonalds or Burger King in a Chevy or a Ford and discuss it? :-hah----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest IanP

> I don't have an opinion on that, but Intel is definitely>better than AMD.>>DougDepends on your secondary backup double-backflip processor cooling fan, and mine's better than yours. :-lolSeriously, I don't think that agressiveness is built in to humanity as much as competitveness is (and I probably spelt that wrong... It doesn't look right). When challenged, people will usually move to defend their position. When neither side will back down, that's when it moves from competition to an argument. More usually, one person will back off, or walk away from it when it's still a discussion and that's the end of it for this round.I think people come across as more agressive on forums simply because you don't walk away as easily: The ongoing thread is still there two hours later, two days later, sometimes two years later and you can still keep going with the same argument.Because it doesn't quieten down as easily, people who wouldn't normally be pushed into the "aggressive" end of a discussion tend to end up there anyway.It's just a theory, I can't provide evidence to support it without wasting far too much time collating it that I'd rather spend playing with FS, but it's worth thinking about. :-)Cheers,Ian P.

Guest victorwest

> I don't have an opinion on that, but Intel is definitely>better than AMD.>>DougThere is, of course, the old chestnut of payware vs freeware! :-lol Victor

Guest ThrottleUp

Hahahahaa u guys are cracking me up!

Guest Water Mango

I guess my thread has officially been hyjacked... :-lol