Sign in to follow this  
Guest Will__UK

Simmers fighting in the Forums...

Chris thanks for the kind words and being someone on the ground who can truthfully vouch a little for what some of us really do. I'll try my hardest to keep it under control next time as I represent more than just myself when I open my mouth around here... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Will__UK

Good posting, with a good point!Like many forums, you will always get fighting going on (pprune being one!!!), as one person thinks they know better than the other, and the other doesn't want to accept it - or put it another way... EGO'S! and narrow mindedness (we've all been there, even me!).It's fair to have a general conversation, but there are many times, as you've just pointed out where a conversation goes OTT and into TOO much depth on certain matter.In my eyes FS is partially a game and partially a flight training tool. I also think that as there are many how don't and can't afford real flying, they become obsessed with the nearest thing to it (I DID all those years ago with FS) and any comment suggesting it's only a "game" can be offending to some, as they take it very seriously!It depends on what flying you do, whether it's mucking around with a Pitts Special or flying a PMDG 747 EXACTLY to the manual, which defines it as a game in ones eyes.