Sign in to follow this  
hmwind

Piaware as ADS-B feed

I noticed that only Real Traffic payware can be used as ADS-B feed for your software. In would suggest to make it possible to use PiAware (ADS-B receiver on Raspberry) as a feed. This would not bring extra cost for owners of such a receiver as long as they fly in their own neighbourhood.

7 hours ago, hmwind said:

I would suggest to make it possible to use PiAware (ADS-B receiver on Raspberry) as a feed. This would not bring extra cost for owners of such a receiver as long as they fly in their own neighbourhood.

That is already possible, my interface is described in this protocol document. I leave it to other parties to provide the feeds.

EDIT: see also this text at the bottom of my web site

"Are you a data provider, or do you have live traffic data from a ADS-B USB Dongle + Indoor Antenna?"

Nico

Edited by kiek

Sorry Nico. I should have seen that sentence on your site.

If somebody already wrote a little feed-interface program with that function I would be delighted to know.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing efforts!

• Like 1