Sign in to follow this  
FoxMulder1982

Dark in the external view from the virtual cockpit

Hi and sorry for my poor english 
I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I will try.
I use DXFixer and everything works fine. However, I have a small issue that I can not deal with.

On night flights in the virtual cockpit, looking forward, everything is fine, when I turn my head to the left or right, the view outside the window is very dark - basically nothing can be seen (clouds, land, etc.).
Rather, it has nothing to do with the fixer but I did not find any information on this subject, so I made a point to ask in this forum

Best regards 

Grzegorz 

Can you provide some more information please. 

Firstly do you have the payware fixer?  

Then is the issue  the same in DX9? 

Is it the same with the fixer libraries uninstalled so the fixer is not involved?

Does it occur with the default Cessna or is it specific to an aircraft?

Do you have the latest fixer installed?

1. Firstly do you have the payware fixer? 

Yes I have payware fixer - Your product

2. hen is the issue  the same in DX9?

I am a relatively fresh FSX user (previously FS9) and from the beginning I use DX10 with fixer

3. Is it the same with the fixer libraries uninstalled so the fixer is not involved?

I did not try it

4. Does it occur with the default Cessna or is it specific to an aircraft?

With QW787 - it's only one i use

5. Do you have the latest fixer installed?

Yes, I have latest 3.5

As I mentioned in the previous post, maybe it has nothing to do with your product. I allowed myself to write on this forum in the hope that maybe someone has a similar problem or knows the source of information on how to get rid of it. Perhaps it is a matter of airplane texture - windshield

There is a hotfix for the qw787 re dx10 vc textures - do you have that? It’s a year old so I would imagine so.

I would suggest that you start with a flight at a airport at night in the default Cessna and look out the windows and then try the qw 787 and see if the issues relates to the particular aircraft or is something deeper.

Also try the diagnostics button in the DX10 controller - perhaps you have the 8 bit fix enabled - that can reverse transparency - its only recommended in that version for testing a portover aircraft.

Edited by SteveFx

Tahnk You for answere.

I have the last version so I think it contains the above-mentioned fix. I have to try with VC without low_vas setting, from what I remember fix was about this option
In default cessna looking from side to side also causes the image darkening but not as strong as in QW.
I do not have a decorated 8 bit fix in your program. In diagnostics I have a message about VC off, but I did it on purpose and that in max texture load I have the value 1024 set - also deliberately set.
I also use MOGWAISOFT - SHADE but I do not know if it has any impact - before I bought, I wrote to the publisher and asked for compatibility with your fixer and I got the answer that there should be no problems - I did not notice any one.

Thanks for Your help

What shade does is allow you to edit the scene  lighting.  There are two components the ambient lighting and the lighting for things facing the sun.i think shade describes these differently in terms of terrain contrast but that is what they do.

its possible i suppose that you have set the ambient lighting so low that any glass with a reflection texture obscures the low level of lighting that exists.