Hello,

I'm starting a new topic on this because the old one I found was from 2016.

Looking for 30Hz capable displays with 4K. I want to invest in a new monitor and I definitely want to try this option finally.

Also what would be needed to make it work at 30Hz? Like I want to simply be able to select it and go. I know the connections are specific (HDMI vs. Display Port) and etc etc.

CPU-i9-9900k

GPU-RTX 2080

Thanks

Probably better if you posted this in the hardware forum.  I am curious, what is the advantage of 30HZ?  My display runs at 60-70HZ I believe, it is a nine year old LCD monitor that has never given me trouble.  I even have nightmares about someone taking it from me, lol...  It's a Samsung and they build things to last.

John

I use a Vizio 43" 4K television that supports either 30hz or 60hz depending on which HDMI input you use.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

29 minutes ago, WarpD said:

I use a Vizio 43" 4K television that supports either 30hz or 60hz depending on which HDMI input you use.

Me too. It is beautiful.

I use a 4k Hisense TV that supports 25/30/50/60 Hz

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

41 minutes ago, WarpD said:

What does that mean? I'm trying to figure out what connection I have to use.

52 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

What does that mean? I'm trying to figure out what connection I have to use.

On the back of the TV, next to the HDMI input is text that tells you whether it runs at 30hz or 60hz.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Interesting answers!

I always wondered about HiSense and Vizio 4Ks, especially because the price is so much lower than LG or Samsung.  Because I wasn't able to get the specs I needed to know if those brands would work, I went with Samsung who did publish them (all at the time of my purchase a few years ago).

The Samsung 55" 4K I purchased run great at either 30Hz or 60Hz, though it will go to 120Hz which isn't really needed in flight sim.

Regarding size, I'll be the first to say that the 55 inch is too large, and a 40 to 43 inch would have been much better choice.

Best wishes my friends!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I just received an LG 43" 4K  IPS panel. 43UD79-B. Has Display port and 4 HDMI slots 2x 30HZ and 2 60HZ. Highly recommend this monitor.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I don't know your budget, but based on your CPU/GPU I'd say you probably have a good size budget ... if so, then I would recommend a Sony 4K OLED. 

OLED is truly an amazing image and can operate at significantly higher refresh rates or at very low refresh rates ... night flying with OLED is about as real as it gets, blacks that are truly black and light brightness that can actually make you squint on arrival to an airport with dynamic lights.  Current OLED TV's have overcome the issue of "life span" and will last 100,000 hours ... so say the TV is on for 8 hours a day 365 days a year, that's 2920 hrs/yr ... or about 34 yrs.  The likelihood of me hanging onto a TV for 34 yrs is close to zero ... I think the longest I've had a TV is 6 years ... and with 8K now on the retail market, I smell an upgrade in my near future.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

I just received an LG 43" 4K  IPS panel. 43UD79-B. Has Display port and 4 HDMI slots 2x 30HZ and 2 60HZ. Highly recommend this monitor.

I cant decide between this or the Samsung UN43NU6900    The LG is a IPS monitor and the Samsung is a VA panel. Anyone have any suggestions. I presently have a Samsung 40" 4k tv but it is starting to go bad and need to replace it. I was also wondering how good  P3D v4 looks on the LG monitor or will I get more vivid colors with the TV and if I went OLED what about burn in by flying in the cockpit all the time,is that a issue?.  Here are the specs

TV4_zpsjkjkdkyk.jpg

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I was able to fire up P3D on my old rig, ( only a Asus 970 ) as I am building a new rig at the moment. I can tell you it looked awesome. The panel has very good color range, and it also has multiple split screen options if needed.

The remote control is a great bonus. It has heaps of features, and as I have come from a Viewsonic 24", this panel really looks big to me at first, but have got used to the size.

I prefer the IPS panel than to TN or VA, as the screen does not change color or go blurry at different angles.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Do the motion blur systems work or help with the low frame rate? I know most modern TVs use either some type of processing or black frame insertion to create the “120hz” but wouldn’t that help smooth things out possibly? When I sent a 24 FPS film to my TV, the TV basically adds frames right? Why can’t I send a 30 Hz signal from my computer to my TV have it do post processing magic and look more like 60 hz?

just curious. I legitimately don’t understand how it all works.