59 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Do the motion blur systems work or help with the low frame rate? I know most modern TVs use either some type of processing or black frame insertion to create the “120hz” but wouldn’t that help smooth things out possibly? When I sent a 24 FPS film to my TV, the TV basically adds frames right? Why can’t I send a 30 Hz signal from my computer to my TV have it do post processing magic and look more like 60 hz?

just curious. I legitimately don’t understand how it all works. 

I use to use ULMB (technically wasn't the intended use) on my old gysnc monitor instead of GSYNC and I felt it looked way smoother with it on. I have no clue though.

Can anyone shed some light on GSync & VSync? and how it's best to utilize them with games? I've researched quite a bit on the net but not everyone seems to be in agreement and how best to use it.

I purchased a 100mhz GSync monitor and enabled it in the NVidia Control panel, yet I can't seem to distinguish any difference. Do I enable VSync in games? (If I don't my GPU stays at 100% load unless I set it to 100FPS or lower). Where does GSync fit in? I still see blurry motion. Should I run lower than 100Hz? I brought it specifically for Prepar3D to remove the motion blurriest as advertised, but it doesn't. AAA title are still blurry when using fast motion. I thought GSync was supposed to get rid of that?

Lol - Sorry for the rant, I get new tech and RTFM and it says nothing.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

When I looked into G-sync I got the impression that it doesn’t work with P3D bc it doesn’t run in true full screen. A lot of the chat on it was pretty dated though. 

According to the NVidia There is a G-Sync option to enable just for full screen or windows AND full screen, again not seeing what it really is doing. There are tons of YouTube Split Screen Videos and Images showing the difference yet I can't re-create it.

I thought there was a program from NVidia to show your what it does, but doesn't answer the question on when, where and why to enable it with VSync. I know what each individual function is for, but what to do with both together using a 100Hz monitor.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

I personally only ever got GSYNC to work in FSX momentarily back in 2015. I had to turn off all auto gen to do it. The auto gen bug in FSX made me go away from it and ultimately settle on ULMB. However it was never as smooth as I wanted (or the 30Hz smoothness I've seen from others who use it), hence why this topic 🙂

So getting back on subject, it looks like I have to go the TV route with a 1.4 HDMI cable?

This new setup I'm building is suppose to be semi mobile. Is there any other options that don't involve 40+ inches of real estate?

Edited by garymcginnis

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I just bought this - I'm still learning the ropes with it - but it does seem to minimize micro stutters - or perhaps it's the placebo effect from spending $600 plus on it... It's certainly a massive and impressive step up from my old Dell 19" 4:3... I'm still not sure how much G-sync helps with FS ? For my view distance (within arms length) - I'd be afraid to go bigger...

32GK850G-B 32" 6:9 Gaming Monitor

The LG 32GK850G gaming monitor combines an immersive QHD resolution display screen with NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility, a 144Hz refresh rate, plus a dedicated Game mode and black stabilizer for ultimate domination.

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

BenQ PD3200U.  It's a 4K display, 32".   It will do 30hz or 60hz in 4K.   You can visit the website of the maker of any screen you're interested in, to see the modes it will run in.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

20 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I was also wondering how good  P3D v4 looks on the LG monitor or will I get more vivid colors with the TV and if I went OLED what about burn in by flying in the cockpit all the time,is that a issue?

Yes, burn-in can be a problem with OLED ... if you do a lot of long haul flights and leave the monitor on, you might experience some burn-in.  With the testing I did with my Sony OLED, I would always turn the TV off if I walked away from it and/or was just sitting in cockpit monitoring.  I've moved my Sony OLED back to regular TV duties and currently use my Samsung which is nice, but definitely not as good as Sony OLED.  However, I do plan to move back to Flight simulation with OLED ... the technology is moving fast.

OLED TV's usually have a re-calibration process they automatically go thru every XXX hours (don't know the exact number of hours) and they also have static detection and will dim the TV automatically.  However, with the case of flight simulation it's not "Static" ... there is always something happening so if you never moved your view over a period of several hours then burn-in is a real possibility.  

There is QLED (really LED LCD with quantum dot film), but that's a VERY different technology compared to OLED and OLED visual quality is still considerably better than QLED.  But you are right to be concerned about burn-in, it requires vigilance to avoid when simming.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, burn-in can be a problem with OLED ... if you do a lot of long haul flights and leave the monitor on, you might experience some burn-in.  With the testing I did with my Sony OLED, I would always turn the TV off if I walked away from it and/or was just sitting in cockpit monitoring.  I've moved my Sony OLED back to regular TV duties and currently use my Samsung which is nice, but definitely not as good as Sony OLED.  However, I do plan to move back to Flight simulation with OLED ... the technology is moving fast.

OLED TV's usually have a re-calibration process they automatically go thru every XXX hours (don't know the exact number of hours) and they also have static detection and will dim the TV automatically.  However, with the case of flight simulation it's not "Static" ... there is always something happening so if you never moved your view over a period of several hours then burn-in is a real possibility.  

There is QLED (really LED LCD with quantum dot film), but that's a VERY different technology compared to OLED and OLED visual quality is still considerably better than QLED.  But you are right to be concerned about burn-in, it requires vigilance to avoid when simming.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks that is what I thought. There kind of out of my price range right now and I want to upgrade my aging 4790K computer next yr. I think I have decided on the Sony XBR 43x800e which I can get for about $550 on sale which is in about my budget and I think it has the best screen in its category. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Can someone tell me if this monitor can do 30Hz or how to do it. I checked the website but they only advertise 60Hz.

LG 27UK600-W HDR IPS LED 4K

edit:

According to Best Buy the Samsung U28E590D is with a 1.4 connector. I want to confirm that with anyone in the know.

Thanks

Edited by garymcginnis

I bought Samsung U28E590D 2 Weeks ago. 1 connection hdmi 1.4 with 30 hz max. 1 connection hdmi 2.0 with 60 hz and 1 connection Display Port.  Good monitor. For me it is working great. 

6 hours ago, zwenna said:

I bought Samsung U28E590D 2 Weeks ago. 1 connection hdmi 1.4 with 30 hz max. 1 connection hdmi 2.0 with 60 hz and 1 connection Display Port.  Good monitor. For me it is working great. 

I have the same monitor.  I am really impressed with it.

Matt Wilson

FYI -- Costco has the 43UD79-B monitor on sale for the next week for $399.99 (plus tax), free shipping (if you are a Costco member). And if you use your Discover card and register for the bonus offering, you can get an additional 5% cash back. Second year warranty included. Just ordered mine....

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

16 hours ago, pgde said:

FYI -- Costco has the 43UD79-B monitor on sale for the next week for $399.99 (plus tax), free shipping (if you are a Costco member). And if you use your Discover card and register for the bonus offering, you can get an additional 5% cash back. Second year warranty included. Just ordered mine....

You won't be disappointed. I got mine for the same price, and with a 3 year warranty. Great bang for the buck. It is factory calibrated, but with a play in the extensive menu, it has some great features. The remote is fantastic.

Let us know what you think of it, once you have it up and running.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.