Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

NVIDIA RTX Ray Tracing Benchmarks: Finally!

Finally we get to see the famous RTX effects working in a real game.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

58 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Finally we get to see the famous RTX effects working in a real game.......

WoW...can you imagine running P3D at 4K with this stuff in it's current state. Sort of based on this data, my most positive  expectation is that the Frame rates would be in the neg. numbers and make P3D or X-plain run backwards.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

4 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

WoW...can you imagine running P3D at 4K with this stuff in it's current state. Sort of based on this data, my most positive  expectation is that the Frame rates would be in the neg. numbers and make P3D or X-plain run backwards.

Well Battlefield runs on the frostbite engine, which has always pretty much been word not allowed. Hopefully better days are coming...... 

And for flight sims, It will probably come down to using this for AA and shadows. Sims are not nearly advanced enough to use Ray Tracing yet. Kinda like arming turtles with nukes..... 😹

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Well Battlefield runs on the frostbite engine, which has always pretty much been word not allowed. Hopefully better days are coming...... 

And for flight sims, It will probably come down to using this for AA and shadows. Sims are not nearly advanced enough to use Ray Tracing yet. Kinda like arming turtles with nukes..... 😹

LOL You know based on this whole round of GPU and CPU releases I think every flight simmer should say a little prayer to the flight sim gods thanking them for making our Simulators so out of date that they won't run this stuff. You sort of got to wonder if the US Government is not running some sort of experiments on these companies to see just how bad a mass opioid addition can be.🤯

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Devons rig

I watched this review and within 1 hour I ordered a new 1080TI. I want nothing to do with this RTX scam and I already have a good toaster for the kitchen. If I were on the team that came up with this RTX plan then I would not order a new car for Christmas because you will most likely have a hard time paying for it without a job. LOL

• Like 1

Sam

57 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I watched this review and within 1 hour I ordered a new 1080TI. I want nothing to do with this RTX scam and I already have a good toaster for the kitchen. If I were on the team that came up with this RTX plan then I would not order a new car for Christmas because you will most likely have a hard time paying for it without a job. LOL

I think the 1080ti is the best option available if u can find one for a reasonable price.  The computer hardware market and the newest generation of gpu/cpu's is an absolute joke.  The price vs. performance ratio is horrible. 

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I think the 1080ti is the best option available if u can find one for a reasonable price.  The computer hardware market and the newest generation of gpu/cpu's is an absolute joke.  The price vs. performance ratio is horrible. 

LOL. I never said I found one for a "reasonable price". 😅   They are hard to find at any price already.

Sam

16 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL. I never said I found one for a "reasonable price". 😅   They are hard to find at any price already.

Very true.  I just bought a used one from eBay for SLI.

Matt Wilson

21 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I agree. I invested in the Z270 MB / 1080TI / 7700K generation when it was being advertised as the "best ever!", while behind the scenes they were already working on the next iteration of "the best ever!". For flight simulation purposes if your setup works for you, stick with it! Don't be fooled into wanting to be "first in the queue" for every new CPU/GPU that enters the market. I'm still very satisfied with my setup for my simulation requirements. The performance gains these days are negligible.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

6 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I agree. I invested in the Z270 MB / 1080TI / 7700K generation when it was being advertised as the "best ever!", while behind the scenes they were already working on the next iteration of "the best ever!". For flight simulation purposes if your setup works for you, stick with it! Don't be fooled into wanting to be "first in the queue" for every new CPU/GPU that enters the market. I'm still very satisfied with my setup for my simulation requirements. The performance gains these days are negligible.

The 7700K is a very stout CPU.  I have mine overclocked to 5.0 with HT enabled.  However I am possibly looking into upgrading to a 9600K 6 core.  I only use my pc for gaming.  I can get the cpu and new mobo for around $400.  But even at that price I'm doubtful it would be worth it.  If I knew I could get another 4-5 fps I would go for it. 

Matt Wilson

As you may have noticed; while I started the thread and listed the findings at the time, I didn't really have any condemnation, as I wanted to see if optimizations would arrive to alter the situation a bit.

It seems that we are beginning to see that. Now we have to see how far they can go.

Devons rig

13 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

As you may have noticed; while I started the thread and listed the findings at the time, I didn't really have any condemnation, as I wanted to see if optimizations would arrive to alter the situation a bit.

It seems that we are beginning to see that. Now we have to see how far they can go.

Yes, even Dice said that they recieved the RTX´s SDK just a couple of months before the release of the game, so it was not pretty much optimized. I expect better and optimized results with DLSS in the incoming months (not only in battlefield V)

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

The problem is I'm not a Gamer which they are aimed at, and Nvidia are already working on the next fastest GPU and with AMD now threatening to give them a run for there money in 2019 , they will want to bring something new in 2019 as Intel will also. They new what was coming and they both rushed something to the market.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Devons rig