Sign in to follow this  
meb58

fsxmap.com not working

Anyone using this map? This was one of the best things for simmers and the last 2 days it will not load the "airport data"....I"m bummed out....

Never heard of it.  Maybe you should use Little NavMap, hosted here at AVSIM, instead - https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/780-little-navmap-little-navconnect-little-logbook-support-forum/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

15 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Never heard of it.  Maybe you should use Little NavMap, hosted here at AVSIM, instead - https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/780-little-navmap-little-navconnect-little-logbook-support-forum/

Thanks Jim...I will take a look at it.......if you ever get the chance, look at fsxmap.com....I loved it...I hope they get it working again. Web based, no download.

I have looked at fsxmap but that incessant "airport data loading" does not allow me to take a further look.  I know I do not get around very much with all of the fsx programs out there but this one I do not recall.  I am pretty sure you will like Little NavMap a lot.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Fsxmap is a really good airport map which you can use for ILS frequencies and runway info. It’s just so handy as a reference: quite simple to use but really good at what it does.

Its not working on my setup either - hope it’s just s temporary outage. Missing it.

Best regards

Rupert

52 minutes ago, CB_Pilot said:

Fsxmap is a really good airport map which you can use for ILS frequencies and runway info. It’s just so handy as a reference: quite simple to use but really good at what it does.

Its not working on my setup either - hope it’s just s temporary outage. Missing it.

Hi Rupert...Thank You for the response! I'm looking for the creator of Fsxmap and I'm hoping to shoot him an email and see whats up....Wish me luck...LOL

Hi all!

Its great to hear that you use it. I made it as a hobby/education project a year ago, and then left it pretty much to itself. A few days ago it stopped working due to a server change at my provider. Sorry for that and it was really encouraging to see that I had >500 registered persons!

Now it should be up and running again 🙂

And I plan to port it to a better host and develp it further, thanks again guys for using it!

Best regards

Tommy

Edited by fsxmap

Tommy

Great news - thank you. Nice start to the weekend. Thanks for your work in this super app - much appreciated. 

Best regards

Rupert

Thanks again Tommy!  Now I can resume normal "flight operations"....LOL

If anyone out there has not tried this web based program, take a look. You won't be disappointed...