Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

p3d V4 won't open, stuck on splash screen

hi, i have noticed this has been discussed before and everything i'vie tried hasn't worked, when i go to load up P3d i and get past the splash screen. and id a run the "delete generated files" program and after the loading screen that pops up over the splash screen wont go hast 96%. these are the things i've tried and have followed step by step.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6316&t=130201#p183123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SleBV75NZJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsOibqIV0OQ&feature=youtu.be&t=52s

any other ideas are much appriciated.

May be a long shot but what worked for me the last two times is deleting the shaders folder only, Not sure why I get P3D hanging more often lately but if this works for you, it's alot better than deleting the generated files.

Mario Di Lauro

Might not be a cause in this case but worth a mention.... Do you have spadnext installed? I've noted that when I start it before running P3D, P3D won't load past the splash screen. Shut spad down via task manager and P3D continues to load normally. Spadnext should be started after P3D starts. 

The list of things that stop P3Dv4 from loading seems to grow by the day! 😉

Edited by mdreyer

Murray Dreyer

2 hours ago, tamsini said:

May be a long shot but what worked for me the last two times is deleting the shaders folder only, Not sure why I get P3D hanging more often lately but if this works for you, it's alot better than deleting the generated files.

Unfortunately removing the shadersHLSL.cfg file didn't work.

57 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

Might not be a cause in this case but worth a mention.... Do you have spadnext installed? I've noted that when I start it before running P3D, P3D won't load past the splash screen. Shut spad down via task manager and P3D continues to load normally. Spadnext should be started after P3D starts. 

The list of things that stop P3Dv4 from loading seems to grow by the day! 😉

I am not running spadnext. 

And we thought V4 was our FS savior. haha

Hello Aaron

In addition to your steps have you tried reinstalling the Client ?  (Step 4 of your first link) 

Check scenery.cfg if all installed addons have correct folder paths. Usually p3d won't open if the addon path is mismatched. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

This happened to me when I deleted an addon airport but had left the entry in the scenery library. Ensure there is no mismatch between your installed sceneries and entries in the scenery library.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

11 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello Aaron

In addition to your steps have you tried reinstalling the Client ?  (Step 4 of your first link) 

11 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

Check scenery.cfg if all installed addons have correct folder paths. Usually p3d won't open if the addon path is mismatched. 

I tried that, it didn't work.

10 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

This happened to me when I deleted an addon airport but had left the entry in the scenery library. Ensure there is no mismatch between your installed sceneries and entries in the scenery library.

That's what i did and it started doing this, how do i delete that entry from the scenery library?

1 hour ago, Q400lover said:

I tried that, it didn't work.

That's what i did and it started doing this, how do i delete that entry from the scenery library?

Scenery cfg , delete the entry if it’s still there that points to non existent scenery

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

22 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

Scenery cfg , delete the entry if it’s still there that points to non existent scenery

i typed too soon, that worked

Edited by Q400lover
  • Upvote 1