Set FPS within P3D to 30 and add this to main in your config

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

When you drop below unlimited your making P3D use 

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 is the same as setting unlimited 

It's the only weak I use.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Strangely, I’ve started experiencing stutters as well which I haven’t had since the FSX days.  I tried everything and settled on locking FPS in sim to 30, forgoing vsync and triple buffering.  Seems to have done the trick for me.  Test after test revealed that the in sim vsync was the culprit on my system.  

Something certainly has changed, not sure what it is though.  Really don’t have the time as I used to to test out theories.  But my system has been smooth for a long time up until a month or two ago.  I run Win 7 64 with an I7 6700k @ 4.6GHZ (no HT) 16 Gig ram,  1080ti 11gig vram and a 1080p monitor 144hz.  I can run my monitor at a customized 30HZ but introduces screen tearing/lag if I Pan to fast. Process lasso being run as well.  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

On 11/15/2018 at 7:26 AM, Riah069 said:

I have had this problem for a while and it is starting to become annoying because i do not know how to fix it.

If i run P3D with anything under 60FPS or unlimited it becomes very stuttery. For instance if i set FPS to 59fps it stutters if i leave it at 60 or unliited it is buttery smooth. As this is annoying i would like to cap P3D out at 30-31 fps.

Having VSync or triple buffering on or off does not help.

The monitor i am using is a Acer XB321HK i also have a Acer X34 same results on both monitors 😞

Nvidia driver is 416.34

Appreciate any help

Did you find any solution to your problem?

Lockheed Martin provided stutters free of charge with P3D. We should all be grateful.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 11/16/2018 at 1:15 AM, Riah069 said:

Could it be a Display port issue? Maybe running a HDMI cable would work?

goodness, no. don't do that!

if you've done the changes that mpw8679 suggested then back off your sliders in sim and see if that improves things.

Edited by jpf

To the OP-

are you running 2400MHZ ram ....am i reading that right?  man, you may wanna start by at least meeting the p3d recommended minimums. don't know anything about your monitors but, if those things are just your run of the mill 60hz dogs you may want to look into a real hi performance gaming monitor.

I have various other stuttering issues (panning ect.) if not running unlimited or with vsync on which is why I ALWAYS use unlimited.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 11/18/2018 at 12:22 PM, Nyxx said:

Set FPS within P3D to 30 and add this to main in your config

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

When you drop below unlimited your making P3D use 

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 is the same as setting unlimited 

It's the only weak I use.

So if I run at 30hetz and I set frames as unlimited what fiber do i need?? 

.33 or. 0.1.??

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

So if I run at 30hetz and I set frames as unlimited what fiber do i need?? 

.33 or. 0.1.??

Hi Pete,

After 4.4, I find 0.20 works well. I would try that. All you need to see are your FPS are good .2 will give you a boost over .33 but will make your AG & PR work/look a treat. 

If you would like a list of the tweaks i use the list is below.

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

[GRAPHICS]
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[sound]
Time_constant=0

Enjoy!

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Pete,

After 4.4, I find 0.20 works well. I would try that. All you need to see are your FPS are good .2 will give you a boost over .33 but will make your AG & PR work/look a treat. 

If you would like a list of the tweaks i use the list is below.

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

[GRAPHICS]
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[sound]
Time_constant=0

Enjoy!

Thank you very much 

14ppkc-6.png

No matter what I try theses stutters won't go away. 

If I run at 30hertz go fullscreen to desktop and back to fullscreen the frames pole it past go past 30 even with vsync on.  I miss 4.0 and 4.1. 

Same if I put a frame rate limiter in nvidia inspector of 30 it still piles the frames past 30 hence causing stutters.  

What ever I do I can't get the frames to stay below 30 without limiting in the sim which you guessed it causes stutters 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

No matter what I try theses stutters won't go away. 

If I run at 30hertz go fullscreen to desktop and back to fullscreen the frames pole it past go past 30 even with vsync on.  I miss 4.0 and 4.1. 

Same if I put a frame rate limiter in nvidia inspector of 30 it still piles the frames past 30 hence causing stutters.  

What ever I do I can't get the frames to stay below 30 without limiting in the sim which you guessed it causes stutters 

I feel for you, Pete, 

I Find it's not just a version of P3D like v3 or v4, I find I have to completely start again when finding a smooth running sim Even from 4.3 to 4.4. Even from different aircraft need a different setting.

I would Suggest you try.

Don't use nvidia inspector, you must delete it or your setting will be still there.

Start with what I can my base aircraft the PMDG NG. This should be easy to set up. 

Set your sim up with med levels of setting.

What I find within 4.4 is completely different from 4.3. 

You now need to play with FPS settings within the sim. 

First, try no vsync or TB, FPS unlimited, take off get to around 8000ft and see how things are moving texture loading and stutters.

Then since every system is different it's down to you to find what works. 

Test the below with as many compos's you need to, to find your sweet spot.

Try FPS lock @ 25 - @30

Try vsync or TB On.

Once you have the NG running well up your setting to the point it does not then back them off a bit.

vsync or TB I have to use with FSL and lower setting. With the PMDG NG/777/-8 I don't use vsync or TB and have much higher settings.

It really is like a huge balancing act between lots of setting to get that sweet spot.

It's a pain but that's our hobby for you.

Hope you can find your sweet spot. But please forget everything you read about off everyone. for every .X increase in P3D you need to find a new sweet spot all over again imo.

Edited by Nyxx

Thanks dave.  The more they tinker with P3Dv4 the more they make it unstable.  4.0 was amazing. This 4.4 is a mess. 

Have you been using lasso? 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png