Riah069

Anything under unlimited or 60FPS Stutters

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

So if I run at 30hetz and I set frames as unlimited what fiber do i need?? 

.33 or. 0.1.??

Hi Pete,

After 4.4, I find 0.20 works well. I would try that. All you need to see are your FPS are good .2 will give you a boost over .33 but will make your AG & PR work/look a treat. 

If you would like a list of the tweaks i use the list is below.

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

[GRAPHICS]
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[sound]
Time_constant=0

Enjoy!

 

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Pete,

After 4.4, I find 0.20 works well. I would try that. All you need to see are your FPS are good .2 will give you a boost over .33 but will make your AG & PR work/look a treat. 

If you would like a list of the tweaks i use the list is below.

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

[GRAPHICS]
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[sound]
Time_constant=0

Enjoy!

 

Thank you very much 

Share this post


Link to post

No matter what I try theses stutters won't go away. 

If I run at 30hertz go fullscreen to desktop and back to fullscreen the frames pole it past go past 30 even with vsync on.  I miss 4.0 and 4.1. 

Same if I put a frame rate limiter in nvidia inspector of 30 it still piles the frames past 30 hence causing stutters.  

What ever I do I can't get the frames to stay below 30 without limiting in the sim which you guessed it causes stutters 

Edited by tooting

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tooting said:

No matter what I try theses stutters won't go away. 

If I run at 30hertz go fullscreen to desktop and back to fullscreen the frames pole it past go past 30 even with vsync on.  I miss 4.0 and 4.1. 

Same if I put a frame rate limiter in nvidia inspector of 30 it still piles the frames past 30 hence causing stutters.  

What ever I do I can't get the frames to stay below 30 without limiting in the sim which you guessed it causes stutters 

I feel for you, Pete, 

I Find it's not just a version of P3D like v3 or v4, I find I have to completely start again when finding a smooth running sim Even from 4.3 to 4.4. Even from different aircraft need a different setting.

I would Suggest you try.

Don't use nvidia inspector, you must delete it or your setting will be still there.

Start with what I can my base aircraft the PMDG NG. This should be easy to set up. 

Set your sim up with med levels of setting.

What I find within 4.4 is completely different from 4.3. 

You now need to play with FPS settings within the sim. 

First, try no vsync or TB, FPS unlimited, take off get to around 8000ft and see how things are moving texture loading and stutters.

Then since every system is different it's down to you to find what works. 

Test the below with as many compos's you need to, to find your sweet spot.

Try FPS lock @ 25 - @30

Try vsync or TB On.

Once you have the NG running well up your setting to the point it does not then back them off a bit.

vsync or TB I have to use with FSL and lower setting. With the PMDG NG/777/-8 I don't use vsync or TB and have much higher settings.

It really is like a huge balancing act between lots of setting to get that sweet spot.

It's a pain but that's our hobby for you.

Hope you can find your sweet spot. But please forget everything you read about off everyone. for every .X increase in P3D you need to find a new sweet spot all over again imo.

 

 

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks dave.  The more they tinker with P3Dv4 the more they make it unstable.  4.0 was amazing. This 4.4 is a mess. 

Have you been using lasso? 

Edited by tooting

Share this post


Link to post

No Pete, I now find less is more. I use to kick all add-ons of this and that cores etc. I now find I don't need to do any of that or an AM. Version 4,4 runs best left all to itself.

It's gone from a black art to almost doing nothing apart from finding the right balance of FPS/setting/vsync  TB on and off.  

Try nothing at all as your base and fingers crossed you find your sweet spot faster than you think. V4 took me 2 weeks v4.4 took 2 hours.

BTW I had to delete Lasso to get back to a good base like nvidia inspector needs to be deleted.

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

No Pete, I now find less is more. I use to kick all add-ons of this and that cores etc. I now find I don't need to do any of that or an AM. Version 4,4 runs best left all to itself.

It's gone from a black art to almost doing nothing apart from finding the right balance of FPS/setting/vsync  TB on and off.  

Try nothing at all as your base and fingers crossed you find your sweet spot faster than you think. V4 took me 2 weeks v4.4 took 2 hours.

BTW I had to delete Lasso to get back to a good base like nvidia inspector needs to be deleted.

I think I sussed it Dave.  If I change my desktop scale from 150% to 100%  (I run in 4k)  it seems to fix the issue I think. 

I need a beer and I owe you one too. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post

Just happy to help, glad you’re sorted Pete.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now