Sign in to follow this  
Chipmunkman

Scenery upgrades Scotland

Please advise what good quallity scenery upgrades covering the Scottish countryside are available for Xplane 11.  I am confused by the different systems such as Ortho XP4 and others that seem to be available for other countries and the advantages and disadvantages of each system. Some guidance would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Chipmunkman

The only things I've spotted at .org were a scenery for the Forth Bridges (first two) and one for the GlenFinnan Viaduct.  JV at Orbx says the second GB scenery, which includes from Edinburgh straight south and east, should be out by the end of the month and the rest of Scotland in January. 

Edited by olderndirt

Many thanks olderndirt.

I will keep an eye on Orbx, but really it is the area of the Highlands and Islands that are the most fascinating to fly over. I had some super VFR scenery for FSX but nothing so good for X plane. Any further suggestions would be welcome please.

Chipmunkman

Currently you have 2 options: 

- create your own photoscenery with Ortho4xp. The most difficult part of ortho4xp is getting it installed properly
- use HD mesh v4 and see if that improves the default scenery. It will use the generic textures from the sim

The third and most true to live will be to wait for Orbx to finish their third GB scery set in January.

The freeware HD mesh V4 definitely improves the Scottish Highlands over default.

I did the whole of Scotland on Ortho4xp with my local EGPE at ZL19.  Looks amazing but I suspect Orbx will look even better and cant wait until it's released.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.