Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D v4.3 crashes with MyTraffic6 addon

I share your frustration Rick. It would help if P3D created a log as it loaded and then wrote what the problem was to it. If Pete Dowson can do it for FSUIPC surely L-M can for their product?

Now running DB Free and it's found 6 outdated drivers. I'm allowing it to update but not hopeful it will fix the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

If Pete Dowson can do it for FSUIPC

Bang on the mark, Ray.

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

DB Free

Never placed much confidence in these so-called 'driver' fixes. I am running an older Nvidia driver, i.e. 388 for my 970GTX, and am still getting smooth flights in top-end aircraft

Edited by vc10man

DB has buggered up my USB driver. Keyboard and mouse U/S. Not impressed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Now you know, Ray, why I subscribe to that old adage......'better the devil.....'.

That's why I never go anywhere near these so-called 'tools/fixes/etc, etc'!

• Upvote 1

Point taken Rick. Managed to get mouse/keyboard working again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do others hear windows default sound during the P3D loading process prior to free flight being displayed.

Just had another crash after DB updated some drivers. That program has been uninstalled.

Anyone out there running MT6 with P3D v4.3 without issues?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Apologies Ray, that was not my experience. Quite the opposite. I had done everything but a Driver Booster check to rid myself of that dll crash (as I had no faith in such tools either) but Jim urged me to do so, and what can I say, I have never had a CTD since. And it has been months, whereas I was having the issue every second flight.

I hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray,

Have you tried UTL? Had MT6 for a while but ran into issues and CTD's once Prepar V4 got released. UTL seems to be working great so far.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

Thanks Mark. Given that install of MT6 was okay with P3D v3.4 then it has to be an issue with v4.3. I think I’ll raise a ticket with LM in their forum given MT6 is now unsupported.

Michael, not going to consider an alternative at this stage. I want to ensure MT6 is incompatible with v4.3 first.

Were your crashes before the free flight window was displayed or during flight?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It died on me at various stages on loading the sim and/or entering a flight. Although I cannot confirm at what point that MT6 was the culprit, however I tested with and without MT6 and/or fresh Windows Install, etc. I did get it to function for a while on v4.2 then the CTD's started again. I removed MT6 and all was well.

I will say that it could be a combination of, oh I don't know, let's say a driver update of some sort and MT6 didn't like it, or I moved a files and/or made a tweak in the Prepar.CFG etc.

You obviously are digging a lot deeper than I ever did on this and wish you the best of luck. I'm sorry that I do not have a definitive answer and hope your issue gets resolved. I'm not even sure support for that product still exists, I read somewhere he had some health issues.

• Like 1

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

MyT 6 has a number of FS9 aircraft models and they are most likely the source of your CTDs since P3d4 no longer supports FS9 SimObjects. If you search AVSim you will find posts listing the FS9 models and then you can delete them. You will no longer have those flightplans used in the sim unless you edit them to add a compatible model.

I would suggest that you take a look at JF Traffic Global which is P3d4 compatible. It is still in "early access", but most of the pain has already been suffered by it's users.

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Mark. Given that install of MT6 was okay with P3D v3.4 then it has to be an issue with v4.3. I think I’ll raise a ticket with LM in their forum given MT6 is now unsupported.

Michael, not going to consider an alternative at this stage. I want to ensure MT6 is incompatible with v4.3 first.

Were your crashes before the free flight window was displayed or during flight?

Ray,

If there is any AI Model that is compiled using the FS9 SDK it will crash P3D 4.3.

MT6 is a very old package, it was designed for FS9 / FSX and never for P3D, so problems like this are to be expected, the only solution here is to find which models are FS9 and remove them or move on to a new AI tool: Traffic Global, UTL or Custom AI models packages (FAIB, UTT, etc.)

You can use the FS Model checker: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=114136&CatID=fsxutil, which will tell you what has been compiled for FS9.

Lastly, ensure you have Windows 10 1809 and all the latest firmware and bios updates for your motherboard as this will trigger Windows 10 to install some new Intel System Drivers (1815.12.0.2021) which were released the 4/Nov/2018 and these drivers alleviate a lot of P3D CTD caused in \System32\Kernel.dll and  \System32\NTDLL.DLL

All the best,
Simbol

Thanks Michael. Support does appear to have ended as Burkhard's health is not the best.

I've now posted the question on L-M forum. It reassures me that I'm not alone in having these problems so I suspect MT6 rather than anything in P3D v4.3 although I do wish L-M would produce a log instead of the entry in Event Viewer which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

hanks Mark. Given that install of MT6 was okay with P3D v3.4 then it has to be an issue with v4.3. I think I’ll raise a ticket with LM in their forum given MT6 is now unsupported.

P3DV4 is a 64 bit application and is probably not compatible with MT6 since many of the aircraft AND scenery and objects were made for FS9.  Much of MT6 wasn't even compatible with FSX until it was updated.  Some members here at AVSIM found some incompatible aircraft with P3DV4 and the fix is on page 23, AVSIM CTD Guide.  Page 35 of the guide shows several other possible solutions for the ntdll.dll error.  As you recall, you and I worked on the last MyTrafficX update where we were both getting constant ntdll.dll errors.  Information was passed to the developer and he released an update.  But that was several years ago.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10