Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D v4.3 crashes with MyTraffic6 addon

Thanks Jim. Very useful background to a very old application. I have removed those aircraft listed in the CTD doc but sadly P3D crashed before the free flight menu was shown.

It seems this program has run its course. Somewhat like expecting an airport package designed for FS9/FSX to work in P3D. Some may but most don't.

Looking at p35 I'm now running sfc /scannow and assuming that's okay hard to see what else could be the problem. The two DLL.XML files I have both contain an entry for dll.xml which I assume is not an issue.

Simbol,

Many thanks for that advice. I'll check my remaining MT6 files using that utility and report back. Maybe some slipped through the net.

Just checked my W10 version and it's 1803 build 17134.345. I assume I have some updates to install. I have W10 Pro precisely so I can delay updated by up to 30 day in case MS bugger things up. Can I update safely?

I liked MT6 because in conjunction with Lorby's RemoveAiSleepers program it will delete any Ai not departing within the next xx minutes. I had it set to 75 in P3D v3.4 and it got rid of gate blockers and boosted fps. I don't think UT Live can do that? Any others that can?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ran that utility and it found NimrodMX was compiled using FS9 SDK.

Still waiting for SFC to finish. When it does I'll update Windows and then try MT6 one more time. If it still fails then it's time is limited.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just checked my W10 version and it's 1803 build 17134.345. I assume I have some updates to install. I have W10 Pro precisely so I can delay updated by up to 30 day in case MS bugger things up. Can I update safely?

Yes, update to latest alongside with your motherboard bios updates, you will receive this way the latest Intel System drivers.

Regards 

Simbol 

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes, update to latest alongside with your motherboard bios updates, you will receive this way the latest Intel System drivers.

Regards 

Simbol 

I was specifically advised NOT to update the BIOS by Chillblast who built my PC and configured the BIOS for optimum performance with the current BIOS.

I've just run Update on my Dell W10 laptop and it still says 1803 17134.407. Maybe it's different for Pro 10?

SFC /scannow just finished and did have to repair some files. All successfully repaired. Strange.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have removed those aircraft listed in the CTD doc but sadly P3D crashed before the free flight menu was shown.

When you start up P3D (or FSX) the first thing to load are your modules in the dll.xml.  I have received ntdll.dll errors at startup and attribute it to Carenado's CMeteoXml.dll.  Make sure one of your dll.xml's shows it is loading the 64 bit version of the CMeteoXml and not the 32-bit version.  You might disable it temporarily in the dll.xml just to make sure this is the issue.  It really is not needed.  It is the weather radar for Carenado. You do not have to be loading a Carenado aircraft as all modules in the dll.xml load whether you use the aircraft or not.  You can also disable both of the dll.xml's (one in the same folder as P3D.cfg (old default) and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg, new default).  If the crash stops, then it was one of the modules.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

JIm,

My DLL.XML files only contain a couple of entries. One for AS16 and the other for the GoFlight module. The GF one always loads (visible in system tray) leaving the AS one as the only other.

I've renamed both to DL# and started P3D. But whilst the free flight screen showed the GF module was still loaded. Turns out there's an entry in EXE.DLL for GoFlight.

Given P3D has only failed when the MyTraffic6 add-on is loaded I'm convinced that's where the problem lies.

I've now exhausted all options it seems. Even without any FS9 aircraft in MT6 P3D still crashes.

Appreciate everyone's help. Seems MT6 is not compatible with 64-bit P3D.

Let's see what L-M say on their forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I was specifically advised NOT to update the BIOS by Chillblast who built my PC and configured the BIOS for optimum performance with the current BIOS.

That is probably because they have OC your machine and the settings need to be re-applied after any firmware update, they can do this for you I guess.

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've just run Update on my Dell W10 laptop and it still says 1803 17134.407. Maybe it's different for Pro 10?

It is not, you can read more here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information

Kind Regards,
S.

Hi simbol,

If they were clloser I could take it to them for the update but as they're on the south coast of England and I'm near Manchester it's not really an option.

Point taken about 10 updates but if it says it's up to date not sure what else I can do except be patient.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Point taken about 10 updates but if it says it's up to date not sure what else I can do except be patient.

You can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click on "Update now" that will force the Windows 10 October update on your PC.

Regards,
S.

• Like 1

Ray,

I have MT6 running fine in P3DV4, as it did in the other versions also. I did remove the FS9 entries but have never had to delete the military traffic and it has not given me any problems.

I found this tutorial by Poppet that I used to install MT^ into P3DV4:

Hope that this helps.

Lyn

@Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ray,

Have a look at this:

In addition to repairing the radios of some AI's, at the end of the message there is a list of incompatible FS9 aircrafts whose folders need to be deleted.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I've updated Windows to 1809.17763.107 and I reinstated the MyTraffic6 addon. A message box appeared with "Something strange happened" or words to that effect then P3D crashed.

Loaded a second time and it works. Bizarre.

Lyn, those are the instructions I followed. What version is your OS?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Version 1809 (OS build 17763.134)  but it has worked for me on all versions of Win10.

These issues can be so aggravating when it works for others but not for you.

Hope you can find the key to getting MT6 to work for you.

Lyn

• Like 1

Richard,

That is a separate issue once P3D is loaded. My problems are during its load before the free flight menu is displayed.

Can I ask those who have MT6 working what position it appears in Scenery Library? Between Reno and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries?

I'm knackered now after working on this all day. I'll return to it tomorrow pm.

One thing the Windows update has caused is an a unknown devide in Device Manager. Grrgghh! Hardware hasn't changed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One final question. I don't recall editing simobjects.cfg to add the MT entry. I'll check tomorrow but is that something that needs doing manually? Maybe I've overlooked it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather