Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D v4.3 crashes with MyTraffic6 addon

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can I ask those who have MT6 working what position it appears in Scenery Library? Between Reno and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries?

Ray, that's where I had placed mine last time I had it fully working, but am awaiting somebody's assistance in getting it showing up in P3Dv4.3 although I checked that the entries  in simobjects.cfg+scenery.cfg were as should be.

Edited by vc10man

57 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can I ask those who have MT6 working what position it appears in Scenery Library? Between Reno and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries?

It's probably a good idea to disable the airport files that came with MyT as being compiled for FSX they may also cause issues in V4. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

16 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

It's probably a good idea to disable the airport files that came with MyT as being compiled for FSX they may also cause issues in V4. 

I removed the aircraft folder in MT6 earlier in the day leaving the scenery one alone. Every launch of P3D was successful. This is a copy of my P3D v3.4 install where I ensured there were no duplicate AFCADs.

I've not seen any mention that the scenery folder could affect things.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use UTLive, but I also have the MT6 aircraft installed, and I use some of the MT acft where UTL does not have an appropriate model or repaint.  With UTL, if it can't find a livery, it loads a generic acft or none at all.  Not sure what happens if a traffic bgl references an AI model that's either not there or can't load due to a boogered-up config or texture.

As part of my configuration, I removed all the military (and GA) acft from the MT aircraft directory, so not only are they not instantiated by MilTraffic.bgl, they also are not seen, loaded or otherwise processed when P3D starts.

I know P3D does something with the MT acft at startup, because if I take the MT entry out of the SImObjects.cfg file, it loads a lot faster.  So it may not be enough to stop problematic (e.g. military) model loading by disabling the traffic bgl.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob,

I've just double-checked Poppet's instruction here for installation of MT6 to P3D v4.

I've double-checked my actions and cannot find anything wrong.

I don't suppose you have a list of the military aircraft in MT6? Some entries are obvious but a definitive list would help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Ray, that's where I had placed mine last time I had it fully working, but am awaiting somebody's assistance in getting it showing up in P3Dv4.3 although I checked that the entries  in simobjects.cfg+scenery.cfg were as should be.

Rick,

Entries in those two files are not required for P3D v3 onwards. You should use the add-on.xml method. See Poppet's post with full instructions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You should use the add-on.xml method.

While it is the recommended method by LM, the old way still works just fine.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

36 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

While it is the recommended method by LM, the old way still works just fine.

I had blacked out aircraft at KORD with the scenery.cfg entry method. With the addon one those problems disappeared.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

I don't think that those crashes are only related to incompatible models. P3D itself seems to be sensitive WRT certain combinations of aircraft models and flight plans. And when something happens in that regard that it doesn't like, it reacts with a hard crash (freezing or just closing the simulator window).

So it would seem that it matters where you are and when you are there.

I came to this conclusion after my many tests with LorbyLiveTraffic these last few days, trying to troubleshoot simulator crashes in LLTX Sim AI mode. Yesterday I was able to run that mode with MT6 for hours at EDDM without problems, but P3D repeatedly crashed at EDDF. Today, I can't manage 10 minutes without a crash at the same time of day at EDDM. But when I gave up and switched LLTX to use FLAI models, it just kept working fine for 2 hours. In this mode I am generating the flight plans myself, so it isn't the BGLs (those are disabled anyway) It also seems that the mere existence of the MT6 models makes P3D react in odd ways, for example when setting the in-sim weather through SimConnect. Make of that what you will. Personally I think that this should be impossible, but - it happens anyway… and not with other AI aircraft packages….

Whereas in Live AI mode (where the aircraft don't get flight plans at all) crashes are very rare. I only get them when an actually incompatible model is loaded.

My personal opinion is, that no matter how incompatible a model or a flight plan is, P3D as the platform cannot just crash like that. Looks like some basic logic is missing in the sim that handles these errors and avoids shutting down the whole application. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

What you appear to be suggesting is that there are multiple reasons why P3D will crash with MT6 active. I know you are an expert on matters like this.

What I find confusing is others here have MT6 running fine. But with so many aircraft, plans and airports the combinations are endless.

i like MT6 as I can use your excellent RemoveAiSleepers program to get rid of the gate blockers.

Is there any other commercial Ai Traffic program that would work with RAiS?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rick,

Entries in those two files are not required for P3D v3 onwards. You should use the add-on.xml method. See Poppet's post with full instructions.

Ray, that was the very person whose instructions I was following, who advised the simobjects.cfg and scenery.cfg editing, and I still cannot get any Ai traffic to show up.

I too much prefer MT6a and had it working swell, until last year this time when I had enough of simming and abandoned it.

33 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Ray, that was the very person whose instructions I was following, who advised the simobjects.cfg and scenery.cfg editing, and I still cannot get any Ai traffic to show up.

I too much prefer MT6a and had it working swell, until last year this time when I had enough of simming and abandoned it.

You need to scroll down to near the bottom of that link Rick. Specific v4 instructions do not mention simobjects and scenery configs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You need to scroll down to near the bottom of that link Rick. Specific v4 instructions do not mention simobjects and scenery configs.

Thanks, Ray, will look at it again.

Hi,

In order to run My Traffic 6 with P3DV4, you should remove (or copy elsewhere) all the following aircraft files from My Traffic list (in aircraft folder of My Traffic):

UH1MX
SuperEtendardMX
SuperDimonaMX
SH3MX
MD11MX
HarrierMX
F14MX
DC95MX
DC93MX
DC91MX
DC10MTM
DC8-63MX
DC8-62MX
DC8-61MX
DC8-50MX
DC6MX
CV440MX
CRJ2MX
BAe1463MX
BAe1462MX
BAe1461MX
B763MX
B762MX
B742MTM
B707MTM
AS365MX

Oh, forgotten: and also disable the "Mytrafficmil.bgl" file under My Traffic scenery (rename it as "Mytrafficmil.bgl.out" for instance)

And normally, all should be fine after that.

Patrice.

Edited by patrice_bambou
  • Upvote 1

Patrice Dubois

Patrice, many thanks. I will double check those files tomorrow. I have already disabled my trafficmil.bgl.

Can you please confirm the number of aircraft folders you have so I can compare? Also, please confirm the scenery layer number in the MyTraffic add-on?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather