Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

Nav lights brightness

Hi sorry if I come across as stingy but the nav lights seem to have the same brightness in the day as night. There's a bright aura around them as opposed to a darker hue as was commonly seen in the previous versions

-Angelo Busato

53 minutes ago, killairbus said:

Hi sorry if I come across as stingy but the nav lights seem to have the same brightness in the day as night. There's a bright aura around them as opposed to a darker hue as was commonly seen in the previous versions

Not quite sure what you're referring to.

Either way, I believe we're subject to whatever underlying effects engine/detail/settings/etc. the sim is working with.

Kyle Rodgers

747-400D, FSX:SE, ANA JA8961 at the stand on RJTT, 12:00PM local time. Default configuration. No scenery addons at this airport.

But this is just something that's on all the 747s. Apart from light being reflected off the ground at night just under the wing tips, the nav lights themselves have the same brightness in the day and in the night. I'm not sure how else I can describe it sorry but it's a minor thing and more of a curiosity because I'm sure they were different before the major updates that came out when the -8 was released. 

-Angelo Busato

Edited by killairbus

9 minutes ago, killairbus said:

But this is just something that's on all the 747s. Apart from light being reflected off the ground at night just under the wing tips, the nav lights themselves have the same brightness in the day and in the night. I'm not sure how else I can describe it sorry but it's a minor thing and more of a curiosity because I'm sure they were different before the major updates that came out when the -8 was released.

I'd need a before/after comparison to see what you're talking about. Looks normal to me, and I don't recall seeing any specific changes to the model. As mentioned earlier, if there's a change, it's likely a change in drivers, sim settings, and/or the underlying sim code causing it.

Kyle Rodgers

I can't upload pictures directly but to give an idea of what I am seeing https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/products/FSX/747QOTSII.html

check the first picture in the gallery with a RR 400 climbing during the day, notice that the port nav lights show no aura beyond the wing tips. 

Check the second picture which shows a birds eye view of the same plane at night, the nav lights have well defined auras. 

In the current version in my sim I see those well defined auras during the day. 

-Angelo Busato

8 hours ago, killairbus said:

In the current version in my sim I see those well defined auras during the day. 

Using P3D or FSX?

Kyle Rodgers

On 11/17/2018 at 12:05 AM, killairbus said:

747-400D,

-----FSX:SE,-------

ANA JA8961 at the stand on RJTT, 12:00PM local time. Default configuration. No scenery addons at this airport.

-Angelo Busato