Sign in to follow this  
NickyBird

Tomatoshade v25, Reflection maker Problem

Hi everyone, 

so i just updated Tomato Shade to Version 25 two days ago, and it seems to have updated the Reflection maker also.

The drama i'm having (which I have wasted two days trying to figure out) is the reflection maker just doesn't give me the gloss (mirror) reflections on the aircraft anymore (PMDG 787-800WL), ever since I've updated it, my presets don't work (R&D, LiveCockpit), the render preview window is just black (so i cant edit anything myself), I've tried the QW 787 preset, some areas are gloss but the fuselage is matt finish almost, while the PMDG 737 is 80% matt finish with stabilisers being the only thing slightly glossy...im so confused and frustrated with all this, I'm running out of ideas😭

I'm losing so much time trying to figure it out, I'm hoping if there is anyone out there that can help or has had the same or similar problem and has a solution?

I have messaged R&D, but with no reply.

i dont even know who made Tomato shade so i can message the developer😕

kind regards

Nick

There were some changes made to the reflection process in v25 which is why you're seeing these errors. The developers of those profiles will likely need to update their work to be fully compatible with v25 and beyond.

Until they do and you're satisfied with the new profiles, I would suggest you go back to v24 and continue using the current profiles. Do keep in mind that if you come across some profile made for v25 (for example the QW BAE profiles), they will not work with v24 so either message those developers and request they supplement it with a v24 specific profile or wait until the rest of the incompatible profiles are updated to v25 standard.

As far as I am aware, the developer of TomatoShade is only available on Discord.

Thanks for the fast reply krazyk,

i feel happier knowing it’s a high possibility it’s the profiles that need updating, I thought it was s9mething I was doing wrong, which gets frustrating when you try pretty much everything.

i found a link to V20 yesterday and the profiles didn’t work, but I can’t find a way to get V24 back, And I wouldn’t know where to start either.

do you by any chance have a link? I know R&D is V25 as I’ve already tried it

many thanks

Nick

When I tried TomatoShade out I had a silverish aircraft too. That was fixed by applying the reflection profiles to all my liveries, not just the model itself.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Interesting🤔...but doesn’t the/a profile (for example PMDG 737-800WL) apply to all 737-800WL anyway? As I only have one livery at the moment which is the 738WL😕

5 minutes ago, NickyBird said:

Interesting🤔...but doesn’t the/a profile (for example PMDG 737-800WL) apply to all 737-800WL anyway? As I only have one livery at the moment which is the 738WL😕

You're right, I first did it like it was outlined the manual, applying the reflections to the base model only as it says it's going to be applied to all the liveries that way. Didn't work however so I tried applying it to the specific liveries too and it worked.

I went back to PTA though because after applying aircraft reflections, all the overhead switches would go black during the day and silver/grey at night. There was also part of the floor around the yoke weirdly lit up at night.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Yeah I had the problem too with the switches in the cockpit going black too, it’s annoying but it’s sort of a risk I’m willing to go without for the sake of having a little more realism, sort of getnused to it after a while🙂Ok I’ll give this a try tomorrow, no harm in trying, I’ll keep you posted.

thanks again for your input.

Amazing!! thank you so much, least this will tie me down till the rest catch up with their profiles.

Kind regards.

Nick

I also suffered the loss of some of my shiny/chrome liveries, so disabled the aircraft dynamic lighting functions in Tomato-Shade and happily use all the other features.

Is there a way of enabling the reflection features for specific aircraft [only] without knobbling all the other aircraft/liveries? Even though I only applied the Reflection Maker to one or two aircraft, enabling the option in TS appears to be a global thing. I suspect it may be unavoidable <?>.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

I also suffered the loss of some of my shiny/chrome liveries, so disabled the aircraft dynamic lighting functions in Tomato-Shade and happily use all the other features.

Is there a way of enabling the reflection features for specific aircraft [only] without knobbling all the other aircraft/liveries? Even though I only applied the Reflection Maker to one or two aircraft, enabling the option in TS appears to be a global thing. I suspect it may be unavoidable <?>.

Adam.

Adam, I guess that you could use reflections for one or two planes, and enable the reflections in P3D options menu at same time. With aircrafts that not reflection enabled you should go for disable that option in P3D and everything goes fine.

The update number 26 is out and seems to solve every problem that I noticed with 24 and 25! Thanks for the autor TS!!

Hi,

I'm using Tomato shade version 25 with RD preset and Live Cockpit's aircraft reflections. Everything works great with every aircraft like PMDG 737, 777 and also the Aerosoft a320. The Problem is with the Quality wings 787, where when turning on the Landing lights or the wing lights, the light reflection is not shown either in the front fuselage, or the Engines.

Looks the same even when updated to v26.  Any Remedy??

Apart from being free and all this reflection madness, what does Tomato Shade do which PTA doesn't?  Genuine question.  I'm happy with Adam's PTA presets and haven't changed it in months.

Hi guys, I installed the latest version of Tomatoshade with RD preset but can't get dynamic reflections work at all. I followed all steps in the tutorial but something is wrong. I've activated in P3D the Dynamic Reflection but seems that there is no difference at all from Dynamic Reflection slider set to 0 or Ultra, there are no reflection at all. Any ideas? All the rest works properly.

I can't get reflections like this video (min 23):

Edited by riccardo74

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270