Sign in to follow this  
gaddemyt

Stall system in PMDG

Hello, I have a little problem. I bought a vibration motor to use it for "stall" and I use Mobiflight (but this is not important now). I would know how is working STALL system in PMDG. Any offset mapping, anything for this? It is earlier than "primitive fsx's stall system". It is independed. Where can I find information of stall system in PMDG to make it connected with hardware? 

I have FSX and PMDG 737NGX. Thank you in advance for help.

Oliwier Dalamon

Edited by gaddemyt
Forgot about name

Hi Oliwier,

i‘m not sure if I can follow you, at least I don‘t really know what you want. The stall speed is depending on the setup of the airplane, is it clean, are flaps set to either position, gear up or down etc. It also depends on the weight and the meteorological conditions. Also the PMDG airplanes are Boeing certified which means their behaviour lies within very close limits. So you can expect very accurate stall speeds and conditions here. 

If you want to connect a stick shaker to the sim, go on. As far as I know the sim should be aware of a stall of the PMDG airplanes. Can‘t tell for sure though, airplanes under my command don‘t stall 😄. Well a P-51 might, intentionally, but not a 747. 

However the stick shaker is actually a last warning before the actual stall occurs, so I do not know if this is replicated correctly by the sim. Have you checked the PMDG SDK?

Hi Marc, thank you for reply!

What I want is any Offset in FSUIPC or in PMDG SDK that responds as Stall Warning (stick shaker).

But I couldn't find anything like that. 😞 I found only this: "#define EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_STALL_1_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 303)
#define EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_STALL_2_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 304)"

in PMDG SDK. There are only buttons. Anyway maybe there are connected with stall warning and if stall is coming, simulator "pushes" these buttons. But I don't know how to assign them to FSUIPC. How to make offset with them?

No idea, sry. 

But you can ask the PMDG developers directly via a support ticket. I don‘t know if a stick shaker is even included but I guess they could do it technically if they haven‘t. Feature requests also go the way of a support ticket as sth like this gets lost here for sure.

support.precisionmanuals.com 

(requires a new support account)

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely write to them! 

If anyone have any information about this how to put together stall system of PMDG to my arduino I would be grateful.

Oliwier Dalamon

Good luck but the flight dynamics in PC based flight simulators at the stall region and beyond is just simply not there.  The aerodynamics change to non linear turbulent flow systems and are very difficult to model realistically.

Dan Downs KCRP

Instead of trying to configure your vibration motor to work with just the PMDG aircraft I suggest the simplest way is to get it to work with the simulator program you are using. This should then result in it vibrating with any aircaft that you are using as they approach a stall, irrespective of its configuration.

I recall that Microsoft's original Thrustmaster Force Feedback joystick produced a rather crude but effective sensation of an impending stall when used with FSX.  There is an interface card you could purchase (assuming your motor is compatible with it) called a BFF SHKR-1 Vibration and Rumble Card.  Although I haven't tried this method myself I think this card might work.for you and although the effect will probably not be very realistic as Dan has said, it ought to be better than nothing.  Incidentally, there are a few videos on Youtube where others have done what you are trying to achieve.  Good luck from me too!

Wow, it is good to know! Nice thing, but I only wanted to making vibrations when in PMDG is warning about stall, just this simple. 

But thank you for reply!

I wrote to PMDG support as you recommended, now I am waiting for response!

5 hours ago, gaddemyt said:

Wow, it is good to know! Nice thing, but I only wanted to making vibrations when in PMDG is warning about stall, just this simple. 

But thank you for reply!

I wrote to PMDG support as you recommended, now I am waiting for response!

There is no ticket from you in the support. Are you sure you opened one? If you sent an email then it will not answered as we do no do email support.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes, I am sure, I received an e-mail:

I will have to ask the development team about this and get back to you.

Paul *******
Customer & Product Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC”

Oliwier

3 minutes ago, gaddemyt said:

Yes, I am sure, I received an e-mail:

I will have to ask the development team about this and get back to you.

Paul *******
PMDG Simulations, LLC”

Oliwier

A ok handled by Paul that is why it was not shown 🙂 thank you 

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

If anyone is interested, this is answer from Support:

”I have passed your request on to the development team to look at for a future update to the SDK

Paul ********
PMDG Simulations, LLC

www.precisionmanuals.com

Does someone know when this update is gonna be ready?

Oliwier
Edited by gaddemyt

45 minutes ago, gaddemyt said:

Only pmdg.

7 hours ago, gaddemyt said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Future update doesn't necessarily mean this upcoming one. Ultimately, it depends on how complex it is to implement such a feature.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Ultimately, it depends on how complex it is to implement such a feature.

I don't think it is such a challenge for them. So I hope i won't have to wait so long.