Sign in to follow this  
claudiofalcao

Emirates 100th A380 - Year of Zayed 2018.

Wonderful livery. the A380 is such an impressive piece of machinery, finally saw my first ones in real life while flying in and out of Heathrow last year, same with the 787.  It is so amazing it can fly, and fly so well, with an outstanding safety record so far.  It is the epitome of world technology, parts of it were even made here in Phoenix where I live.

John

56 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

an outstanding safety record

Don't think Qantas or Air France would agree with you after the engine failure they had.

Edited by vc10man

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Don't think Qantas or Air France would agree with you after the engine failure they had.

At least it has four engines, I was on a 737-300 in Bozeman Montana that had an engine failure, thank goodness it happened right before we would have pulled away from the gate.  A flash, a boom, a captain on the horn saying--well, **it happens.  OK, he did not say it that way but he wanted us to know not to panic, that things were under control, and could we get off the aircraft please?

John

Great looking livery!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

7 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

At least it has four engines, I was on a 737-300 in Bozeman Montana that had an engine failure, thank goodness it happened right before we would have pulled away from the gate.  A flash, a boom, a captain on the horn saying--well, **it happens.  OK, he did not say it that way but he wanted us to know not to panic, that things were under control, and could we get off the aircraft please?

John

Far better than what an Australian oil-rig man told me as we sat next to each other on a Singapore Airlines flight to Perth of a nerve-shredding experience he had in an Indonesian province when an Indonesian prop aircraft shed its left prop that sliced through the cabin in front of his seating, as we discussed Indonesian air carriers standards of airworthiness, etc.

15 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Far better than what an Australian oil-rig man told me as we sat next to each other on a Singapore Airlines flight to Perth of a nerve-shredding experience he had in an Indonesian province when an Indonesian prop aircraft shed its left prop that sliced through the cabin in front of his seating, as we discussed Indonesian air carriers standards of airworthiness, etc.

That had to be a close call.  I have had a lot of driving close calls, one where someone ran a red light making a turn and collided with another car at the intersection I was poised to drive across.  It is really true, your adrenaline does something to the space time continuum and you see everything in slow motion!  I saw the cars spinning in my direction, all I could do was wince waiting for the impact.....that never came, the cars stopped just a foot away from mine on one side, a few feet on the other.  I had to give a witness statement to the police (it's the law) for the accident, but I could not tell who was truly at fault.  They say if you are making a left turn in Phoenix and the light goes from yellow to red, you have control of the intersection and the right of way.  I've had to prove that several times, even in front of police officers, if you balk then they stop you suspecting you of being intoxicated.  That's why they say it is so much safer in the air, without a doubt!

John

So good to see FS9 doing what it does best!

Informative post too, of course I didn't know who Sheik Zaid was, so went looking (save you the trouble, he founded the UAE). Had a good read about the A380 again, too. Emirates really "owns" that aircraft, and it wouldn't be around if it were not for them. Having 100 of the world's largest certainly gives you some status in the world! I've flown on them and it's a great passenger experience, nevermind that Dubai is nowhere. They've made it Somewhere.  

It took me twice to verify that these fine pictures are of FS2004. Welcome to the club... and, please, more!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 10:04 PM, YMMB said:

Could I ask what model you are using please?

Hi YMMB!

It is from Project Airbus A380. The livery was made by Ricardo Ultramari.

19 hours ago, HaraldG said:

It took me twice to verify that these fine pictures are of FS2004. Welcome to the club... and, please, more!

Thank you, HaraldG!

8 hours ago, claudiofalcao said:

Hi YMMB!

It is from Project Airbus A380. The livery was made by Ricardo Ultramari.

Thank You.