Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SF260 is out

https://store.x-plane.org/SIAI-Marchetti-SF-260-_p_901.html

Wondering if anyone grabbed this one?  It looks pricey but I noticed it has REP included....  so you're effectively paying both the REP devs and JRollon.  I think it supports RXP GNS430W.  Would be nice if the GTN 650 or preferably the 750 worked too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Would be nice if the GTN 650.

I do not have it yet. According to dev, support for the GTN 650 is coming in a future update.

Here's a video by Q8Pilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hEOjgPtwQ

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Anyone notice in the video that the checklist and engine start procedure doesn't seem to match the real world POH? 

Watched the video and couldn't believe he considered 1000 ft a satisfactory altitude for aerobatics.

3 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Watched the video and couldn't believe he considered 1000 ft a satisfactory altitude for aerobatics.

Yeah...  I don't mean to nitpick the video... but it doesn't look like he even read the manual, or has no clue about this kind of aircraft.  I think he said an "in depth review to follow" or something along those lines.  But h'es one of those you tuber "entertainers"  And I admit I was entertained lol.

Here's a much better video (it's long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZBMxeMKCmI

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah...  I don't mean to nitpick the video... but it doesn't look like he even read the manual, or has no clue about this kind of aircraft.  I think he said an "in depth review to follow" or something along those lines.  But h'es one of those you tuber "entertainers"  And I admit I was entertained lol.

I do like his style and his videos are usually good to watch.  Don't know if that engine has an upside down oil pump but, if not, he was probably too long inverted with negative G's.  He mentioned carb heat which doesn't normally come with an IO engine.

The one thing that bothers me is that he never sets the ALT setting before taxi or takeoff. He has no problems turning on the lights, but the ALT setting, he doesn't feel is important. I still enjoy his videos.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The question was, has anyone grabbed it? I have and can honestly say it is one of, if not the most immersive simulated planes I have ever flown. Perhaps DCS gets you there, but in X-Plane this SF-260 is amazing.

I think Q8 Pilot rushes out videos sometimes in order to "promote" new planes, and misses a lot of the best parts one only discovers after flying it for a few days. Bottom line is the SF-260 is one of those planes in your hangar that puts a grin on your face from startup to shutdown. I'm surprised at the lack of attention it's getting so far.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, leinsters said:

The question was, has anyone grabbed it? I have and can honestly say it is one of, if not the most immersive simulated planes I have ever flown. Perhaps DCS gets you there, but in X-Plane this SF-260 is amazing.

I think Q8 Pilot rushes out videos sometimes in order to "promote" new planes, and misses a lot of the best parts one only discovers after flying it for a few days. Bottom line is the SF-260 is one of those planes in your hangar that puts a grin on your face from startup to shutdown. I'm surprised at the lack of attention it's getting so far.

I'd probably be all over it if I weren't moving and not having access to my PC for some months.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 11/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, Henry Street said:

Anyone notice in the video that the checklist and engine start procedure doesn't seem to match the real world POH? 

Sorry to write after a week from the original poster. 

The civillian SF.260D has a normally aspirated, carburettor equipped Lycoming O-540-E4A5 engine. To start it, you just have to set full mixture, crank the throttle 3 or 4 times and turn the magnetos keys to start.

Maybe you're used to the SF.260W, which is the military version, that is equipped with the IO-540-E4A5. In this case you have to set mixture idle-cutoff to start.

I think we'll add a version with the IO-540 as well in one of the future updates. ;-)

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

15 minutes ago, Nico87 said:

Sorry to write after a week from the original poster. 

The civillian SF.260D has a normally aspirated, carburettor equipped Lycoming O-540-E4A5 engine. To start it, you just have to set full mixture, crank the throttle 3 or 4 times and turn the magnetos keys to start.

Maybe you're used to the SF.260W, which is the military version, that is equipped with the IO-540-E4A5. In this case you have to set mixture idle-cutoff to start.

I think we'll add a version with the IO-540 as well in one of the future updates. 😉

Cheers

I think you have it...the throttle pump was missing from the checklist.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, leinsters said:

I have to second this. 

I bought several new aircraft for both X plane and P3D in the sales but haven't really touched them I've spend the last two days since I bought the SF260 exclusively flying it, it's so immersive, full of character and entertaining to fly.

Flying the SF260 in Orbx's True Earth GB you have a perfect GA sim, you could never buy another add on again and still be happy.

Is this the best GA aircraft currently available anywhere on any platform?  In my own personal opinion I'd say yes I honestly think it is.

Jon

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:19 PM, jon b said:

I have to second this. 

I bought several new aircraft for both X plane and P3D in the sales but haven't really touched them I've spend the last two days since I bought the SF260 exclusively flying it, it's so immersive, full of character and entertaining to fly.

Flying the SF260 in Orbx's True Earth GB you have a perfect GA sim, you could never buy another add on again and still be happy.

Is this the best GA aircraft currently available anywhere on any platform?  In my own personal opinion I'd say yes I honestly think it is.

Jon

So true Jon, it has character and it feels alive in every respect.

Yep, it is awesome. Really excellent work!