Sign in to follow this  
Funky

Must hold the yoke to stay in a turn...

Hey guys,

I need ur help, i must hold the yoke to be in a turn (in the air), when i center the yoke the aircraft level it self instantly (no AP activated).

I cant figure out at the moment what line i have to change in the aircraft.cfg or airfile , that happen only to one of my planes.

Ty

In the aircraft config, reduce yaw stability to about 0.1.  That works for most airplanes with that problem.  It's a good place to start anyway.  The problem is over-dampening and so the plane carries too much sideslip in a turn.

Hey

@FDEdev

Its the Quest Kodiak from Justflight, i changed some stats to get it close to the original performance charts

@ wells

Wanna try it when i am at home

14 minutes ago, wells said:

In the aircraft config, reduce yaw stability to about 0.1.  That works for most airplanes with that problem.  It's a good place to start anyway.  The problem is over-dampening and so the plane carries too much sideslip in a turn.

Now that's a brute force method. Reducing the yaw stability by 90% greatly decreases yaw damping as well while rudder effectiveness unrealistically increases.

There are a few other (and more likely) reasons if an aiplane exhibits a too high spiral stability!

@Funky, how fast does the Kodiak return to a wings level position from e.g. a 30° bank angle?

IRL a lot of planes require a bit of aileron to maintain their bank angle. 

Edited by FDEdev

As far as I can remember from yesterday, its around 2 seconds (way to fast), so I must hold the yoke in an big angle to stay in the turn.

That's definitely too fast!  Suggest to check the slip ball position during a stable turn when testing for trouble shooting. 

Edited by FDEdev

i can pm u the aircraft.cfg if that helps

Edited by Funky

The error is in the air file, not the cfg file.