Sign in to follow this  
adamurlop

Looking for G-Sync Ultrawide able to run at 30 hz

Yesterday I bought ASUS PG348Q it's a great monitor but I haven't been able to get it running at 30 Hz. Can anyone recommend any 21:9 monitors with similar specifications that is able to run at 30 Hz.

6 hours ago, adamurlop said:

Yesterday I bought ASUS PG348Q it's a great monitor but I haven't been able to get it running at 30 Hz. Can anyone recommend any 21:9 monitors with similar specifications that is able to run at 30 Hz.

Unless u want G sync for other applications I would not recommend it for just flight simulation.  I found it does not play well with windowed applications and anything lower then 35fps.  Been there done that.  This is the monitor I use.  It is excellent for flight simulation.  Acer XR382CQK Curved 38-inch UltraWide QHD Display.  I have had it running at 24, 26, 28, and 30hz,  by setting a custom resolution in the NCP.

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Unless u want G sync for other applications I would not recommend it for just flight simulation.  I found it does not play well with windowed applications and anything lower then 35fps.  Been there done that.  This is the monitor I use.  It is excellent for flight simulation.  Acer XR382CQK Curved 38-inch UltraWide QHD Display.  I have had it running at 24, 26, 28, and 30hz,  by setting a custom resolution in the NCP.

Well i mostly sim on my PC but GSYNC made other games so smooth that i would like to keep GSYNC in my monitor. 

1 hour ago, jschaper said:

I have the one of the curved Dell Ultrawides at 34Inch and they run perfectly with 30Hz

Jack

I looked at Dell U3415W but it doesnt seem to have GSYNC nor higher refresh rate :(

17 minutes ago, adamurlop said:

Well i mostly sim on my PC but GSYNC made other games so smooth that i would like to keep GSYNC in my monitor. 

I hear u believe me.  I was in the same boat.  I just couldn't find a G sync monitor that would play nice at 30hz.  Thank god for Amazon return policy.  That is why I choose the monitor I did.  It will do 75hz as well so that helps in gaming if u can maintain 75fps.  The added size over the 34 inch is awesome as well.

Matt Wilson

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

I hear u believe me.  I was in the same boat.  I just couldn't find a G sync monitor that would play nice at 30hz.  Thank god for Amazon return policy.  That is why I choose the monitor I did.  It will do 75hz as well so that helps in gaming if u can maintain 75fps.  The added size over the 34 inch is awesome as well.

Well maybe if the screen is only 75 it will be alright without GSYNC. Today i will try to get SIM smooth without 30hz, if I fail then i will go with this ACER or maybe something with GSYNC but as you said its hard to find one 😕

I have the asus PG348Q with P3Dv43. I don't know about locking at 30hz but mine runs fine windowed as long as frame rate in P3D is unlocked. don't expect a steady frame rate with G-SYNC.

1 hour ago, jpf said:

I have the asus PG348Q with P3Dv43. I don't know about locking at 30hz but mine runs fine windowed as long as frame rate in P3D is unlocked. don't expect a steady frame rate with G-SYNC.

Yep its the same for me but i got some micro stutters like the sim pasues for micro second. Do you have vsync enabled and tripple-buffering in p3d ? And how about your nvidia settings are you running VSYNC on Fast/OFF/ON there ?

I have FXAA off, 4xMSAA, 8xAnis & ultra textures. Vsync & triple buffering off. unlimited frames. vsync in nvidia is set to use 3d app setting.