Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Quick spadnext question

Hello all, quick question regarding spadnext (P3D v4.3): what am I doing wrong here? On all planes, when I load the sim and fire up spadnext, the 1st time I click a switch (saitek switch panel), it seems to activate a bunch of switches simultaneously on the loaded plane. This only happens on the 1st switch, afterwards, everything is fine.

(I'm trying here 1st before attempting spadnext forum)

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro

You're not doing anything wrong.  When you load an aircraft, there is no guaranty that the physical switches on the Saitek panel will match up with the logical values in FS.

It sounds like SpadNext doesn't continually read the values on the switch panel, but rather reacts when something changes.  When this happens for the first time in a session, it will send all the events required to sync all the values in FS with the positions of the switches on the Saitek panel.

Just for fun, turn all the lights on using the Saitek panel, then turn them all off using the switches in the aircraft's VC or 2D panel.  Then toggle any one of the Saitek light switches off and then back on again.  I'm guessing that all the lights will come back on; again, to match the positions of the Saitek switches.

Edited by ddawson
I use the Logitech software. It actually leaves the switches out of sync...

Its been a issue for a long time . I think most have it and its not just the Saitek stuff. For me its usually the fuel pump or the Pitot. It usually happens on complex aircraft. I know its going to happen so I just hit one switch and then reset them,then all is good. I also got in the habit of before starting a flight to move all my controllers and toggle a switch on all my panels.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

12 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Its been a issue for a long time . I think most have it and its not just the Saitek stuff. For me its usually the fuel pump or the Pitot. It usually happens on complex aircraft. I know its going to happen so I just hit one switch and then reset them,then all is good. I also got in the habit of before starting a flight to move all my controllers and toggle a switch on all my panels.

Josh - thanks for that. Annoying as heck but can live with it.

Mario Di Lauro