Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

Ultimate Traffic Live and P3Dv4 - Bad FPS !

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, when I first load the sim and I am sat at a gate (any gate,any airport) with UTL running, FPS is good around 40 fps depending on the airport and scenery. But after around 15-20 mins (sometimes longer, sometimes sooner) the FPS drops to around 15 fps. The only way to get the FPS back is to disable UTL, but if I enable UTL again the FPS drops again. The only way to get back my FPS is to restart the sim. I don't think this is anything to do with the sim, as I have stripped and reinstall P3Dv4 a few times, for various testing, and I still get this problem with UTL, even with just default scenery. I also have Traffic Global installed, and when I enable TG (with UTL disabled), the FPS are fine all day, but I still prefer UTL, is this problem can be sorted. I have the latest version UTL and I have tried different traffic density settings, with no improvement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John.  

Sorry to hear you are having frame rate problems. I run UTL at 45 and 35% traffic and have no problems. (7700k, 16gig ram, geforce 1060with 6gig ram.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Sounds like something to do more with your system. How many aircraft are in your traffic bubble at the time? What about system your specs?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Dave, As I mentioned in the post, this problem happens even with a default install of P3D no addon scenery, just UTL. I have also stripped my system down several times and reinstalling with just Windows + P3D + UTL. The FPS always is very good even when I put traffic up to 70-80% for the first 15-20 mins, even at busy airports like EGLL & KLAX, but then just suddenly drops ??.

It has to be UTL, as I have no problem with "Traffic Global" keeping constant FPS all the time, and running P3D without UTL. 

My specs are not the problem also: I7700k@4.4gig, 1080ti nvidia card, 16meg fast ram & SSD drives.

John.

I have similar issues (i7-6700, 16gb, 1070TI etc) when i add any AI.   UTL is worst, but any Ai causes me stutters a lot.  Am working through various ones, and even with a small amount of traffic i get the problem even at airports with 3 planes on the ground.

Disable Ai and it runs like a race car.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

I had a similar problem. I switched to traffic global and super traffic board and I'm happier with the outcome. my idea of AI is to be there but not be intrusive which definitely won't suit some tastes.

Well it really does boil down to the number of aircraft in your area. UTL may just be injecting too many over time and that combined with your aircraft location starts to hit your performance. TG while still in early development doesn't provide the same amount of traffic and will, therefore, have less effect on the performance of the sim. Try reducing your UTL Traffic percentage and see how it performs.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If it means anything, I have a pretty fast rig (8700K @ 5.0ghz / 1080ti) and with UTL I have to run fairly low AI density settings to maintain my framelock (30) at certain high-density airports.  As in 40% max. depending on location.  Also, watch two cpu-hogs: 1) Special Effects slider, and 2) AI vehicle traffic slider.

What Dave is talking about earlier in this thread is the "traffic bubble", radius around your aircraft where the AI are loaded.  I can't remember the exact nautical mile distance, but I think it was 108 nm (?)   At a place like KEWR, you are going to have lots of KJFK AI traffic, and KLGA as well.  Same goes for EGLL, you'll have all major London/Luton AI aircraft in your bubble -- dropping fps.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I have dropped traffic density to 30%, and reduced the "Traffic Spawn Settings". Will see how that goes and report back.

John.

You might want to install Traffic Toolbox from the P3D SDK to see/delete/manage all the traffic.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:39 AM, jimcarrel said:

Sorry to hear you are having frame rate problems. I run UTL at 45 and 35% traffic and have no problems. (7700k, 16gig ram, geforce 1060with 6gig ram.

45 aircraft spawn?? 

Mike 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Just enable the FPS settings under UTL and set it to 30 or 40fps. UTL will inject less traffic to hit the target.

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by mikeymike

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Just enable the FPS settings under UTL and set it to 30 or 40fps. UTL will inject less traffic to hit the target.

Regards,

Simbol 

So basically default and set fps 30 ?