Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Freeware AI installer app from AIG

One last silly BGL question before I pull the trigger and since I didn't use BGL plans for a long time, these provide over water traffic, right?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yes. Most of the AIG schedules have a map of all routes that is embedded in the post that announces the schedule.

2 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

And there is a caveat to that.  If you use AI Controller 1.4B the AI taxi perfectly but you only get the SIDS and STARS for the airports the app give you..   AI Controller 2.0 you get SIDS and STARS for every airport (granted you have PMDG folder with all the airports) but it has some very weird glitches with taxiing.  

I went back to 1.4B since I considered the taxiing to be more important.  For now. 

You can actually create a SID/STARS database for the 1.4 program from navdata (eg navigraph) pretty easily. Someone made a utility for it. Don’t have the details because not at my computer.

I’m also still on 1.4 because 2 sadly introduced a lot of issues that the developer never ironed out.

James

4 minutes ago, honanhal said:

You can actually create a SID/STARS database for the 1.4 program from navdata (eg navigraph) pretty easily. Someone made a utility for it. Don’t have the details because not at my computer.

I’m also still on 1.4 because 2 sadly introduced a lot of issues that the developer never ironed out.

If you wouldn't mind, whenever you're next at your PC, please let us know what utility to look for to create the SID/STAR database for v1.4.

This might be enough to make me throw UT Live into the recycle bin for good.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I think the problem is (head above parapet here) that a payware AI utility needs constant ongoing work - schedules change, liveries change, airlines come and go. Clearly the sheer amount of work needed to support this endeavor is commercially nonviable once the initial sales splurge has subsided for these products. All of them have in their own sweet way come up short. UTL didn't even come with traffic for the new Doha airport which opened years before it was released.....

I daresay we need a Navigraph-type developer to take AI on board and constantly update the product for a reasonable monthly subscription fee. I for one would happily pay for a nice simple utility that runs once a month and downloads well made, V4 compliant models with accurate airline schedules that are updated constantly. The issue would be how you'd stop piracy of it on a subscription basis and it would need to be internet connected to run with all the pain that entails for many folks in this community, but to me this would at least bring a seamless, slick product that would always be updated. It comes to something when the freeware options are better (if a little more time consuming) than the payware options, a situation I'd never thought I'd see in 2018!  

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

8 minutes ago, Airline2Sim said:

I think the problem is (head above parapet here) that a payware AI utility needs constant ongoing work - schedules change, liveries change, airlines come and go. Clearly the sheer amount of work needed to support this endeavor is commercially nonviable once the initial sales splurge has subsided for these products. All of them have in their own sweet way come up short. UTL didn't even come with traffic for the new Doha airport which opened years before it was released.....

I daresay we need a Navigraph-type developer to take AI on board and constantly update the product for a reasonable monthly subscription fee. I for one would happily pay for a nice simple utility that runs once a month and downloads well made, V4 compliant models with accurate airline schedules that are updated constantly. The issue would be how you'd stop piracy of it on a subscription basis and it would need to be internet connected to run with all the pain that entails for many folks in this community, but to me this would at least bring a seamless, slick product that would always be updated. It comes to something when the freeware options are better (if a little more time consuming) than the payware options, a situation I'd never thought I'd see in 2018!  

100% agreed, until then I'm off to BGL plans and UTL is going bye bye. Busy weekend coming up!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I was busy this last weekend updating my flightplans for possible future airport addon purchases, and I am still not finished! I have to compile each of the new flightplan BGL files, and then replace the existing ones. At least most of the hard work has now been done (modifying the aircraft.txt files, and adding new models and repaints), although I make it a lot harder than it could be because of my desire to scan each flightplan manually, and remove all of the flights that are not relevant to my installed airport database! :ohmy:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

If you wouldn't mind, whenever you're next at your PC, please let us know what utility to look for to create the SID/STAR database for v1.4.

Of course! It looks like it actually came bundled with the 1.4b download. SIDSTAR Converter. Likely lives in your AI Controller folder in a subfolder , with documentation in the folder as well. Take a look and let me know if you need any help getting it working.

James

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I make it a lot harder than it could be because of my desire to scan each flightplan manually, and remove all of the flights that are not relevant to my installed airport database!

Seems like a lot of work for what gain?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 11/20/2018 at 11:55 AM, Airline2Sim said:

I agree, and if it was done well, I'd probably pay a good amount of money on a m,monthly subscription.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 11/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, Airline2Sim said:

only collaboratives freeware solutions have been able to kind of solve the AI problem : WOAI, AIG etc...

we can dream of a sort of online database updated by the community and automatically shared via an app,

I think what AIG is doing with their new one click installer app is going in this direction and that's really good news, impressive work. 

but AIG, like WOAI and others are "groups", the amount of work they can put into this is limited by the number, in the group, of enthusiasts that gather data, produce repaints etc.. 

my opinion is that the only solution that would achieve a plug-n-play long lasting,  up-to-date and accurate AI would be an openly collaborative online database, kind of a wiki where anyone can fill his data with a verification/validation system like in wikis (i think wikidatabases already exist).

Imagine an online wiki-database where the community keep up-to-date and accurate the schedules (remember this is not limited to a group, any individual from the community can put some work/time there, it will be validated in the same way wikipedia is, so the user is sure of the accuracy of the data), and a freeware app localy that download those schedules, model match them with the user repaints and compile the resultant bgls automatically.

Especially now whith the avent of FLAI, no need to download tons of repaints that need to specificly match the schedules you have. Just download FLAI, download the schedules you want, model match them and tada...AI made easy 😄 just dreamin' aloud

Edited by kenz

1 hour ago, kenz said:

Especially now whith the avent of FLAI, no need to download tons of repaints that need to specificly match the schedules you have. Just download FLAI, download the schedules you want, model match them and tada...AI made easy 😄 just dreamin' aloud

The FLAI models and repaints were originally obtained from AIG with permission from the individual authors. It's designed for online ATC . For offline ATC, there is still a great amount of manual work needed using AIFP to match  file schedules (AIG, TG, etc.) to the aircraft paint titles. The beauty of the AIG Manager is that it finds and downloads the correct models, paints and matches them automatically to the AIG schedules. I've been tinkering with the beta the last few days and it does seem to work. And I previously installed about 130 AIG airlines manually.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:37 PM, kenz said:

AIG AI Manager – One Click Installer RELEASE

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28686.0

I tried to get it to work, but its loading the airport database forever,

I stopped it after 9 hours. Anyone else with these problem?

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB