Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Freeware AI installer app from AIG

yes, has not worked since last updater...0.8.3.9., plus I have to restart my PC after every time i use it

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

Ha!!!   look here...worked for me   https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29130.0

bob

Thanks man, will try it later...

The restart could be avoided if you killing the AIG process in the task manager.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Maybe a stupid question, but let's try anyway... :)

I'm currently using UT Live for AI traffic. As I haven't manually modified anything, a lot of liveries are missing and are displayed with "Daedalus" standard paint scheme. 

Does the AI Installer app work with UTL for adding the missing liveries? Or is the AI Installer a standalone thing for AI traffic and should replace UTL?

9 hours ago, wza24 said:

Does the AI Installer app work with UTL for adding the missing liveries? Or is the AI Installer a standalone thing for AI traffic and should replace UTL?

AIG AIM essentially replaces UTL. It installs the aircraft and the flightplans both are much higher quality than what UTL offers. You can add airlines and then just disable them in UTL as you go.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just noting that I still use UTL Live for GA only, with AIG Manager for Heavies along with AI Controller 1.4b. Best AI setup I've had the last decade. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

So, we have to load each airline individually, as in WOAI?  I don't see this tool helping me get planes or flight plans.  It only reads my WOAI files and plans.  Not intuitive.

Victor Ortiz

Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Victor Ortiz said:

So, we have to load each airline individually, as in WOAI?  I don't see this tool helping me get planes or flight plans.

You can use the bulk selection and it will download and install as many airlines as you choose. Did you read the manual and tutorial that's included in the zip?

17 hours ago, Victor Ortiz said:

So, we have to load each airline individually, as in WOAI?  I don't see this tool helping me get planes or flight plans.  It only reads my WOAI files and plans.  Not intuitive.

First of all, you could install WOAI packages about 10-20 at a time...easy to do if you read the instructions.

As for the AIG tool...the tool only has a few options to choose from.

I went in, opened the list of uninstalled airlines, clicked on bulk selection button, pressed Ctl+A to select all uninstalled airlines, pressed the install button.  The tool took care of the rest. 

Not hard at all. 

Well over 100 airlines installed automatically in about an hour or so (since I decided to start fresh, and let it install a virgin clean install).

Edited by netshadoe
  • Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

On 3/29/2019 at 7:13 AM, netshadoe said:

First of all, you could install WOAI packages about 10-20 at a time...easy to do if you read the instructions. 

As for the AIG tool...the tool only has a few options to choose from.

I went in, opened the list of uninstalled airlines, clicked on bulk selection button, pressed Ctl+A to select all uninstalled airlines, pressed the install button.  The tool took care of the rest.  

Not hard at all. 

Well over 100 airlines installed automatically in about an hour or so (since I decided to start fresh, and let it install a virgin clean install).

first of all, I'm that dumb that I never tried multiple WOAI loads.

second:  where are the AI planes?  included or in separate packs at different sites? (WOAI were all in one place).

I'll give it a shot.  And thanks.

Victor Ortiz

Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

5 hours ago, Victor Ortiz said:

second:  where are the AI planes?  included or in separate packs at different sites? (WOAI were all in one place).

The AI planes are all different sites, but thats the beauty of the new software, it will go to AIG, Flightsim.com, avsim.com etc and download all the required AI planes automatically.

On 4/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, Victor Ortiz said:

1. Lol!  I didn't call you dumb!!  But you do have to RTFM!!!  Lol!  🙂

2. AIGManager does that all for you like itsjase said.

This is how I did it to help you out:

1. Start AIG Manager, and let it do its thing.
  2. Select "Tools" and "Settings" in the menu.
  3. In the settings box, make sure you have your FS directory chosen.
  4. In the settings box, click on the left hand side "Flight Plan Updates" - In there I left most things default.  Oldest season should stay at 2018 and I have ALL the checkboxes done.
  5. In the settings box, click on the left hand side "AIGAIM - OCI (P3Dv4 only)" - Here I made my path for the AIG downloads, and I have the "Use only Freeware" box checked.  You'll have to install the SDK for the simulator you're running for imagetool.
  6. Save and close the settings box.
  7. Select "Online" and "Check Online" from the menu bar...let AIGManager do its checks.
  8. When it's done, select "Online" and "Available Online" from the menu bar.
  9. You'll get a list of all avialable download packages.
  10. Either you can do it one by one and click install, or.........
  11. Or you can click "Multiselection" at the bottom and click on the select airlines you want and press OCI-Bulk button, or......
  12. You can click "Multiselection" at the bottom, click anything in the list (it doesn't matter which one) and then do CTRL-A to select ALL of them, then OCI-Bulk button to install......
  13. Either way, let it do its thing....
  14. Voila, you have AI packages installed.
  15. Start up P3D and go fly!

EDIT:  You do steps 7-15 to update...I just did that now and I have 22 new packages since I last did it on Saturday!!  They are working quick!! 

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

RTFM and still I'm not blessed.

yeah, I got the planes, but everything got installed in a VTR root/harddiskvolume5  folder that the exe file won't work in.  Where did your files go?  I'm using Windows 7.  I don't see any planes, except defaults I arranged, if I turn of UTL.

Victor Ortiz

54 minutes ago, Victor Ortiz said:

RTFM and still I'm not blessed.

yeah, I got the planes, but everything got installed in a VTR root/harddiskvolume5  folder that the exe file won't work in.  Where did your files go?  

Mine are installed where I selected them to be, in the G:\AIGAIM - OCI folder.

That's where mine went.

Good news. If you update to 4.5, all your AI will be right where you left it.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440