Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Freeware AI installer app from AIG

https://www.alpha-india.net/2018/11/13/aig-ai-manager-one-click-installer/

As many of you know, Alpha India Group is a central clearinghouse for freeware AI models, liveries and flightplans. Up until now, even with AI Flight Planner, the initial setup of freeware AI is a never-ending exercise in tedium.

AIG has now announced an update to its AIG AI Manager app that will automatically find and install all models and paints for any official AIG flightplan. It is similar in concept to the recently released MAIW Matrix universal installer for military freeware AI.

The app is presently in testing and will eventually be released as an open beta. Stay tuned and follow updates at the above link.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Anything to promote my new found mode of operation - Lazyness. Thanks for the post.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

That is good news as I am close to ditching UT Live and going back to using AIFP.  I always liked using AIFP and having up to date schedules but it was a bit tedious and time consuming.  

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hello

Need help here. I can't find where to download anything from AIG.

Thanks.

Fantastic, fantastic news. Can't wait for this to come out of beta!

James

14 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Thanks Dave

But my problem is that I can't find a single download link in any of their web pages.

Flightplans, and other files are available on an FTP server, but as they get released, they are available in the forums.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=27419.0

https://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Flightplans, and other files are available on an FTP server, but as they get released, they are available in the forums.

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you are looking for the app, it's not available yet. If you are looking for paints, models and flightplans, consult the appropriate section here:
You have register first to see everything.

Thank You both.  (Thought I was going blind )

3 hours ago, RamonB said:

Thank You both.  (Thought I was going blind )

You're welcome. That's the same way that I felt after installing 130 AIG flightplans.

• Like 1

One of the really nice things about AIG schedules (flight plans) is their Aircraft fly accurately assigned RVSM flight levels depending on east or west direction and at believable real to life altitudes. E.g the older B737-400 fly no higher than FL370 and B737NG fly higher. Or short commuter flights fly at lower levels.

Someone at AIG has put in a lot of time and effort.

great job 

thx AIG

IM

On 11/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

You're welcome. That's the same way that I felt after installing 130 AIG flightplans.

Same here.  Figures after we built our AI traffic from scratch that this would happen.  Oh well at least this might get more people to help with the custom AI aircraft.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I am a firm believer that AI is the one area in flightsimming that doesn't lend itself to being payware. Real world routes and liveries just change too frequently and such an add-on is better handled by a large, dedicated freeware community like AIG. Eventually, every developer of a commercial AI package has fallen behind and has given up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3