Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Ai Traffic programs compatible with RemoveAiSleepers

Hi Oliver,

I’ve given up trying to get MyTraffic6 working with P3D v4. It was fine with FSX and P3D v3.4 but I guess the move to 64-bit has introduced problems for some of us.

I’m looking for an alternative that will be compatible with RAiS and Radar Contact. Are there any other than MT6?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You could go freeware using FLAi as a model and repaint base along with AIG flightplans. It does take time initially, but like with anything that you put effort into vs not, the results are far superior to any of the payware options.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave but I’m too old to spend time going down that route. I still have a lot of airports to install so was looking for a quick solution.

The options appear to be Traffic Global (beta) or UT Live. Do they both use the injection method rather than BGLs?

One option I did consider is moving all the aircraft out of the aircraft folder in MT6 and adding a few back each day. That way if there is a problem it should be easy to identify the culprit. I think it must be a combo of GoFlight, ChasePlane and MT6 causing my problem.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I recently started using either PSXseecon or Lorby's Live Traffic (the latter is completely free for live traffic).  Amazing!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are there any other than MT6?

Hello Ray,

over time I have used WOAI, MT6, UT2 and UT Live. Only the UT products inject traffic through SimConnect, all the others are BGL based. TMBK that is the case for Traffic Global (and its ancestor Traffic 360) too. BGL based traffic is probably the most effective, if the models are up to the task.

But - it has been a long time since I was even flying in my sim, like, for fun. I don't have any time left between my real job, life and Lorby-SI. The last few times I did fly, I didn't bother with AI traffic at all. No point in having them get in your way when you only have limited time available. 

A few days ago a LLTX user told me that PF3 is picking up the live traffic, and at least handling the control zone transitions etc. So I suppose that this will be the case with RC too - but I have yet to try that for myself. In Simulator AI mode the aircraft of LLTX will interact with ATC anyway. But. Especially with MT6 there are many crashes, probably due to the same issues that you have discovered too.

Judging from my ongoing tests, the best combination seems to be the latest FLAi models with LLTX in live mode, with added artificial traffic (to account for the less than ideal data quality on the free datasources). Still, I prefer Simulator AI mode. There is a new version 1.15 of LLTX almost ready - if you want to try it, just send me an email.

The setup is simple, and if you use an add-on.xml for the FLAi models there is no danger of destroying anything else. I have recently downloaded the latest FLAi package for manual installation, which is a simple ZIP that I extracted somewhere. Then made an add-on.xml for it. LLTX has the mapping database for FLAi built in (just make sure to read chapter 1 of the LLTX manual before you do anything).

As for removing the sleepers:

With LLTX that isn't necessary. In both modes of operation there are only those aircraft at the gates that have arrived since you started the program, and they are removed after 30 minutes automatically. In Simulator AI mode you get those departing from the gates too, but they will not "sleep" there. Plus, with live traffic there aren't that many aircraft to begin with (unless you add artificial ones).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

One option I did consider is moving all the aircraft out of the aircraft folder in MT6 and adding a few back each day. That way if there is a problem it should be easy to identify the culprit. I think it must be a combo of GoFlight, ChasePlane and MT6 causing my problem.

If my assumption about MT6 is right, then this will not help. If it really is a combination of model and flight plan, then the same setup can work one day, but crash on another. And that is what I am seeing in my test environment.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

With your fancy new PC do you really want to be using those hideous old models? You have spent a lot of money to create a killer sim rig only to dumb it down seeing those aircraft in the sim. At least go with something along the FLAI line for ease of install.

Ray, (and everyone else) you might keep an eye out for this one: https://www.alpha-india.net/2018/11/13/aig-ai-manager-one-click-installer/ 

It's gonna be the something like WOAI, just for P3Dv4. A one click installer, where you can pick a flightplan ie American Airlines, and then the prg. gets the right flight models and repaints.

I only have home made ai, so it will be a welcome way of installing your own ai.

Jlund

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

42 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ray,

udging from my ongoing tests, the best combination seems to be the latest FLAi models with LLTX in live mode, with added artificial traffic (to account for the less than ideal data quality on the free datasources). Still, I prefer Simulator AI mode. There is a new version 1.15 of LLTX almost ready - if you want to try it, just send me an email.

The setup is simple, and if you use an add-on.xml for the FLAi models there is no danger of destroying anything else. I have recently downloaded the latest FLAi package for manual installation, which is a simple ZIP that I extracted somewhere. Then made an add-on.xml for it. LLTX has the mapping database for FLAi built in (just make sure to read chapter 1 of the LLTX manual before you do anything).

As for removing the sleepers:

With LLTX that isn't necessary. ...

Hi Oliver,

Sorry but what is FLAi? Have I missed another option? And I really don't know anything about LLTX - sorry.

On searching for FLAi it appears to be of use to VATSIM users but I don't use VATSIM. If you think LLTX and FLAi is a good alternative to MT6 then I'm happy to try it providing there isn't a lot of manual work required to set things up. I still have a lot of airports to install and other things to get P3D as I want it.

Understood regarding the sleeper program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Dave_YVR, I've never had a problem with the MT aircraft. The fancier you make them look the greater the penalty on fps.

@jlund, it looks to be work in progress. To be honest I want a complete package that I just install then forget. Thanks all the same.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FLAI is mainly used for use on Vatsim, so online users can see the right aircrafts and liveries. But it can be used as ai traffic, you "just" have to install some flightplans they can use, so again a little work to be done.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Have you tried WOAi in FSX, it's gonna be the same princip, so it doesn't get much easier than that 🙂 

Finished packages as MYT, UTL etc, is great, but from what I have seen, it seems to be more difficult to update them with new aircrafts and airlines, than making it yourself.

Jorn Lundtoft

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

FLAI is mainly used for use on Vatsim, so online users can see the right aircrafts and liveries. But it can be used as ai traffic, you "just" have to install some flightplans they can use, so again a little work to be done.

At another less busy time it's something I might consider. I'm not a real enthusiast about setting up my own Ai flights. I'd rather spend time flying.

And having looked at Oliver's website for LLT it seems the Ai don't taxi out and can land off the runway so I'll pass on the offer, thanks Oliver.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

Have you tried WOAi in FSX, it's gonna be the same princip, so it doesn't get much easier than that 🙂 

Finished packages as MYT, UTL etc, is great, but from what I have seen, it seems to be more difficult to update them with new aircrafts and airlines, than making it yourself.

No, I used MT6. To be honest apart from wanting to see the Emirates A380 fly into EGCC the schedules don't worry me much. MT6 interface is a horror show so I went into it as infrequently as possible.

I would like a package to be reasonably user friendly so for example I could remove the Monarch flights from the sim as they went bust earlier this year. Apart from MAN I wouldn't know if the schedules were right or not.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The fancier you make them look the greater the penalty on fps.

Not true at all, not between AI aircraft at least. Aircraft for aircraft the MyT models perform the same if not worse than the much better quality FAIB, TFS and other freeware models. The better ones will use more memory as their textures are often HD, but that doesn't reduce the fps with any reasonably decent PC.