Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

SIM720 Thanksgiving Sale 2018

http://flight.sim720.co.uk/index.php

To celebrate ThanksGiving in America we are giving a 20% discount off all products and if you buy 2 or more you also get an extra 5% discount on top.
Discounts are automatically applied at checkout.
Discounts are valid between 17th November 2018 and 30th November 2018

Oban Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Caernarfon Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Catalina Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Stornoway Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Inverness Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
East Frisian Islands Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Santa Barbara Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Augusta Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
McClellan-Palomar Airport Normally £15.99 +Vat Now £12.79+Vat
Ikarus C42a Aircraft Normally £24.99 +Vat Now £19.99+Vat

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

20% won't get me off the couch.  Now 40-50% and I'm there in a flash.  

I agree, this is a once in a year big event and all they can give is the same old 20% off !?

It is rather pedestrian compared to the likes of Drzewiecki offering 50% off (FSPS). I know where my money will be going this ThanksGiving

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

32 minutes ago, rooitou said:

I agree, this is a once in a year big event and all they can give is the same old 20% off !?

It is rather pedestrian compared to the likes of Drzewiecki offering 50% off (FSPS). I know where my money will be going this ThanksGiving

Then you have Flight1 where there is rarely a sale and the Level-D (great aircraft, btw, but 15 years old) is still priced like it just came out. 

Edited by Phillip Gallagher

55 minutes ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Then you have Flight1 where there is rarely a sale and the Level-D (great aircraft, btw, but 15 years old) is still priced like it just came out. 

Yeah, don't get me started on Flight1. I have only bought one or two products from them (eg EZdock), but have stopped going there long ago, as there are never good deals to be had and as you say, they still offer ancient products at today's prices. Completely lost touch with reality.

It's like walking into an old computer store somewhere on the prairies and seeing an Intel 80286 (16-bit) laptop for sale at $1500, lol

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

3 hours ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

20% won't get me off the couch.  Now 40-50% and I'm there in a flash.  

2 hours ago, rooitou said:

That is quite disrespectful. A developer is kindly discounting their products and you complain about the percentage? Instead of being so entitled why don't you thank them for doing what they can, afterall it is for THANKSgiving, right? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Shame they've still not updated the Ikarus C42 to be P3D V4 compatible. Been waiting for that to happen for a while. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 11/17/2018 at 2:07 AM, PWJT8D said:

That is quite disrespectful. A developer is kindly discounting their products and you complain about the percentage? Instead of being so entitled why don't you thank them for doing what they can, afterall it is for THANKSgiving, right? 

PWJT8D I get what you're saying, but please remember that you see it from the point of view of an American. I live in a country where we don't have a Thanksgiving day and Black Friday only started here about three or four years ago. I therefore don't see it as a Thanksgiving day, but rather as a Black Friday with ruthless price cutting. SIM720 is a UK company where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving either, so they may call it a "Thanksgiving" sale to appeal to Americans shoppers, but for the rest of us it is a Black Friday event.

Maybe I'm naive and completely wrong in my attitude, but when this time of the year rolls around, I'm looking for good deals and not thanking everyone around me. Regardless, in a sea of bargains and with limited funds, I'm not going to spend it on a 20% discount (which SIM720 usually offers at other times as well). In a very harsh way perhaps, we're actually helping SIM720 by telling them why we're not supporting them. They will therefore know why they're not seeing huge sales at a time when the guys offering 50% plus discounts will be rolling in cash.

Edited by rooitou

On 11/18/2018 at 12:48 AM, rooitou said:

PWJT8D I get what you're saying, but please remember that you see it from the point of view of an American. I live in a country where we don't have a Thanksgiving day and Black Friday only started here about three or four years ago. I therefore don't see it as a Thanksgiving day, but rather as a Black Friday with ruthless price cutting. SIM720 is a UK company where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving either, so they may call it a "Thanksgiving" sale to appeal to Americans shoppers, but for the rest of us it is a Black Friday event.

Maybe I'm naive and completely wrong in my attitude, but when this time of the year rolls around, I'm looking for good deals and not thanking everyone around me. Regardless, in a sea of bargains and with limited funds, I'm not going to spend it on a 20% discount (which SIM720 usually offers at other times as well). In a very harsh way perhaps, we're actually helping SIM720 by telling them why we're not supporting them. They will therefore know why they're not seeing huge sales at a time when the guys offering 50% plus discounts will be rolling in cash.

No you are on point …. we aren't disrespecting the developers work, we are saying if you choose to discount your product we certainly appreciate it BUT its called Black Friday for a reason so in keeping with tradition, yes I'm expecting more than 20% which is your typical offer throughout the year for other holidays such as memorial day etc... a recent great example is what Quality Wings did with their BAE146 … older product ported other to p3dv4 with a few improvements here and there and then discounted 50% and people have been snapping it up every since

• Like 1