Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS2 Washington North Scenery: Freeware

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/13683-wan-washington-north-scenery/

Using free USGS images there is an area of about 450 x 150 sqkm available. Location is Washington North with a basic scenery level of 9 and 11.

Currently you can find 2 airport packages, starring KOMK Omak and Whidbey Island with 4 airports at levels 12-14.

Building cultivation has been done up with Microsoft's US Building Footprints, with scenProc some hundred thousand trees were planted.

11189-20181111135320-1-jpg

11190-20181111164939-1-jpg

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Due to changes at the site, the links have been altered and need to be re-upped

WaN: Washington North scenery from USGS images:

Usage: Unzip the WAN scenery package: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/112-wan-washington-north-scenery-from-usgs-images/

• Elevation data have to be placed into \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\elevation\wa
  • Image data have to be placed into \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images\wa

Usage: All other files go to …\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places\wa (create if this does not exist!)

WaN: S97 Anderson Field Brewster: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/130-wan-s97-anderson-field-brewster/

WaN: Grand Coulee Dam: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/124-wan-grand-coulee-dam/

WaN: Lake Chelan Airport: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/120-wan-lake-chelan-airport/

WaN: Whidbey Island: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/118-wan-whidbey-island/

WaN: KOMK Omak: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/114-wan-komk-omak/

kX5TEY.jpg

iTE02V.jpg

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have tried my best to get the airports to show, following the directions but they simply do not.  The photo scenery shows, but the airports do not....    So I do not know which files to put into places\wa or whether I should maintain the folder hierarchy there or not, since the airport packages contain separate folders for each airport....  Can you printscreen your places\wa folder and share, so I can set up the hierarchy properly?

Thanks a bunch

Never mind--got the airports to show--my places folder was not set within my scenery folder, I just had to read your instructions again....  As they say in IT (and we IT guys make the worst patients)---RTFM...

Edited by John_Cillis

20 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

I have tried my best to get the airports to show, following the directions but they simply do not.  The photo scenery shows, but the airports do not....    So I do not know which files to put into places\wa or whether I should maintain the folder hierarchy there or not, since the airport packages contain separate folders for each airport....  Can you printscreen your places\wa folder and share, so I can set up the hierarchy properly?

Thanks a bunch

Never mind--got the airports to show--my places folder was not set within my scenery folder, I just had to read your instructions again....  As they say in IT (and we IT guys make the worst patients)---RTFM...

Glad you got it working! 😃

Devons rig

Very fine scenery I enjoy it, thank you.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

On 8/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, HiFlyer said:

Glad you got it working! 😃

Hi,

I got everything working except Anderson field--I do not know where to put it, I tried to put it where all the other scenery is, but it does not show up.  Should it be put elsewhere, and if so, where?

I have had the same problem with the other cultivation sceneries in San Diego

Edited by John_Cillis

As I mentioned in another thread, now I have all the scenery add-ons I have found for Aerofly FS2 working thanks to HiFlyer's detailed instructions.   It came down to standardizing all scenery into one folder hierarchy that I set up via an edited main.ncf file, so I would not run out of Space on the Default Onedrive location for Aerofly's files.  Now I have gobs of scenery, what is mentioned in this thread plus more, like Venice Italy and Cape Canaveral and its surroundings in Florida....

John