Sign in to follow this  
Anex80

ORBX Airport Elevation issues - No Addons

I experience a myriad of elevation issues when using Orbx regions. I use P3dv3 with FTX Global Base, openLC NA, Vector, and TreesHD. I don’t have any issues with elevation using these. As soon as I load any of the regions I start noticing problems. 

One airport in particular that I’ve been testing with is KLLR. I’ve uninstalled all Orbx software and re-installed one-by-one. It was after installing the Northern CA region when I first noticed the elevation issue. 

I don’t utilize any additional third party scenery and have attempted correcting using the auto-elevation utility within the Vector control panel. 

Is there any way to resolve this? I have purchased several regions and have noticed this issue with all that I’ve tried (NCal, SCal, PNW, & CentralRockies).

If you're using FTX Vector, you should go to FTX Central - Settings and run the Airport Elevation Corrections. Try to disable KLLR.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

If you're using FTX Vector, you should go to FTX Central - Settings and run the Airport Elevation Corrections. Try to disable KLLR.

Cheers, Ed

I’ve tried this and no luck. Also, KLLR is not listed in that tool. 

17 minutes ago, Anex80 said:

I’ve tried this and no luck. Also, KLLR is not listed in that tool. 

Check if it's not listed under the enabled airports and then disable.

The other possibility is that your FTX insertion point should be moved to an appropriate location. For example, make sure that your openLC are placed below any FTX airport.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Check if it's not listed under the enabled airports and then disable.

The other possibility is that your FTX insertion point should be moved to an appropriate location. For example, make sure that your openLC are placed below any FTX airport.

Cheers, Ed

KLLR doesn’t show up on either side of the tool. Also, I’ve removed all Orbx software a second time and then installed only NCA and still had the problem. The issue is definitely with the regions. 

Since  you still having issues  have  you posted  your issue  at the  FTX  forum  where  I' am  sure they will   solve it  for  you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

double  post

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

How about a screenshot of what is happening? O48 Little River, CA is the airport?

ORBX doesn't touch this airport until you install FTX NCA. Have you installed the ORBX libraries and they are up to date? Can you also verify that you have 3 files with the O48 name in your FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery folder as well as one in your Scenery\World\scenery folder?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Replies to some of the questions on here. 

- Yes I did post to the Orbx forums and I’m waiting for a reply

- I uninstalled NCA earlier so I can’t take a screen shot right now, but basically what is happening is that I have cliffs to the right of the runway. Also a false runway appears about 10 feet above the real runway.

- Little River,CA is the airport. I don’t know what O48 is. The identifier is KLLR. 

- All Orbx libraries are up to date

- KLLR or O48 does not exist in second directory you mentioned; the first directory does not exist at all right now as the NCA region is uninstalled. 

7 hours ago, Anex80 said:

Little River,CA is the airport. I don’t know what O48 is. The identifier is KLLR. 

(from google) "Little River Airport (ICAO: KLLR, FAA LID: LLR, formerlyO48) is a small county-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Little River, in Mendocino County, California, United States." 

Once you figure out the identifier your SIM is using for the airport (not always the one that makes the most sense, the sim doesn't care the identifier changed). Then the .bgls files causing the visual anomaly can be corrected.  You can confirm by typing the airport NAME in the scenario airport search screen, and let fsx or p3d show you the identifier its using for said airport. 

• Like 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I tried to upload a screenshot but was unable. The airport exists in P3D as both KLLR and O48. Neither of those exist in the AEC tool. I did find O48 in the world Scenery folder and disabled it there but same issue. 

It’s as if there are two airports, one on top of the other by about 10ft. Also, this happens with far more than just this one airport. I’m just using this as an example. 

Are you using any AI traffic programs like MyTraffic? 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

27 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Are you using any AI traffic programs like MyTraffic? 

No. Here’s what I have: 

- P3Dv3

- Orbx Base, Vector, LCNA, All North America regions

- A2A aircraft

- Active Sky and ASCA ( disabled for testing)

- Gtn750

Are your airports listed above the regions, vector and LC in the library?

Turns out that FSAerodata was the issue! With that disabled the airports I’ve been having problems with are all back to normal. Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions. 

FWIW, I was able to enable FSAerodata without ICAO codes and so far that seems to be working. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1