Sign in to follow this  
GV-SP

Falcon 50 FPS

I downloaded the Falcon yesterday. So far so good but I noticed low FPS primarily in the VC. I get some improvement if I turn of the TCAS screen. Just curious if anyone else noticed this as well. 

Right on the instrument itself. It's a small round button on the top left of the tcas display. Gives somewhat smoother performance when off so I only use it in the climb and descent. 

No do not turn off the power for the VSI. Then you have no VSI. On the center pedestal TCAS/ATC panel turn the far left knob to STBY or XPDR so you have the transponder.

Or just turn down the traffic and you can still use TCAS. Traffic is a FPS killer with panels like this. Even my fast computer hates it when i turn up the traffic too high.

Edited by Flysimware

So I load a flight and by default the Falcon seems to load with the TCAS in STBY. FPS still on the low side and I have my AI traffic turned off. 

Ya I'm getting horrible fps. Like 23 to 26. My pmdg 747 runs 30 plus. I know it's beta but I'm hoping it gets better. 

For me its when The avionics are kicked on..my FPS Drops a good 8-10 fps. turn them off and its smooth as glass. thats running either the stock flysimware gps OR the Flight 1 GTN750.

I'm assuming part of the FPS being high is the fact that there are obviously gonna be some tweaks coming along whilst it is a beta. Anyone who has the FlySimWare Learjet will know that it too originally used to have FPS which was on the high side, but it got some tweaks which improved it not long after it was released for P3D V4 compatibility and now it runs pretty well with decent frame rates.

It is worth bearing in mind however that some of that glass in the Falcon will affect FPS anyway - certainly the TCAS if you have you traffic up high and are near an airport. Not forgetting of course that the FlySimWare Falcon itself, like their Lear and a few other add-ons they make too, is a fairly detailed simulation of the real aeroplane, so unlike a lot of business jet simulations, where they are more akin to being a 'lite' simulation of fancy GA private aeroplane and hence not too detailed in what is under the hood, FlySimWare's aeroplane is going to make your PC work a bit harder in order to enjoy the authenticity it has going on behind the scenes with things like more convincing engine spool times, avionics which behave properly and such.

On a side note, if you want to see a Falcon which will really make your PC struggle, anyone who has the Wilco Dassault Falcon 7X with its vast amount of glass avionics will readily confirm that thing can make any PC struggle and really turn P3D into a slideshow unless you temper your enthusiasm for those graphics sliders lol.

Personally, I've every confidence that FlySimWare will get their Falcon 50 to a point where it is as much of a must have as their C441 and their Learjet; in fact we are already seeing that in how thick and fast those updates are coming along in not only tackling issues, but also responding to feedback from people familiar with the real aeroplane. That's nice to see from a developer and it's among the reasons why I've long been a fan of FlySimWare.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 minutes ago, Chock said:

Personally, I've every confidence that FlySimWare will get their Falcon 50 to a point where it is as much of a must have as their C441 and their Learjet; in fact we are already seeing that in how thick and fast those updates are coming along in not only tackling issues, but also responding to feedback from people familiar with the real aeroplane. That's nice to see from a developer and it's among the reasons why I've long been a fan of FlySimWare.

I'm sure they will, after all, we are talking about a developer that still supports and is making updates to aircraft released years ago.  This seems to be uncommon in the world of FSX add-on developers.

Edited by stans
  • Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have since improved my FPS with the Falcon by editing my P3D CFG file. I noticed there is no longer an option for lower VC resolution. But if you go into the CFG and find this line 

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 (Default is 1 apparently)

I changed that to 0 and noticed a big increase in FPS while flying the Falcon. 

38 minutes ago, GV-SP said:

I have since improved my FPS with the Falcon by editing my P3D CFG file. I noticed there is no longer an option for lower VC resolution. But if you go into the CFG and find this line 

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 (Default is 1 apparently)

I changed that to 0 and noticed a big increase in FPS while flying the Falcon. 

But does that make the VC gauges display at a lower resolution? What exactly does it do in P3d4? The VC textures are mostly 2048 and are not mipmapped.

The VC gauges didn't appear to be a lower resolution in the Falcon. I have not used any of my other addons since but it may have affected those. 

I just tried a test and exported the interior model with noting behind the VC. And the frame rates are the same as i suspected. 

The reason why our models are hard on frames is because of the amount of hard coding. 1,383 separate events. Basically busy analog panels are going to be tough. That's why you see so many developers go toward glass gauges.

So for now i noticed a few things. Wait 40 seconds after load the frames increase by 10FPS. Also when you leave a busy airport the frames also increase. Keep the TCAS off.

Another suggestion is if you want the eye candy with a busy panel you need to invest in a faster computer. Or just turn down some scenery complexity and traffic.

I have updated the minimum system requirements for about 12 aircraft that need a bit more CPU. I think this will be good for those who have slow computers.

Edited by Flysimware

I also noticed that sometime after take off the FPS would improve and now I know why. 

9 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Wait 40 seconds after load the frames increase by 10FPS

I'm not sure I understand this. Load the ac in the P3D setup screen, or load at selected airport?

Thanks,

Mark