Sign in to follow this  
GV-SP

Falcon 50 FPS

9 hours ago, newtie said:

I'm not sure I understand this. Load the ac in the P3D setup screen, or load at selected airport?

Thanks,

Mark

At an airport.

The frame rates are not great, not great at all.. even turning off the TCAS doesn't do very much on my machine. I have a consistent 30 - 40 FPS on all my MilViz aircraft and Majestic's Q400 as well.

That being said... I flew a DA20 which I loved; similar systems on the DA50 which are well modeled. This would be my "go to" P3D jet if the textures and frame rates could be improved. Overall I think it is an impressive add on!!

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

Just curious, snpower, but, are you running the GTN750(s) by any chance? If you are, try adjusting the core settings in your GTN set-up...for me, "all cores" works best for my set-up...you can experiment a bit.

I just downloaded V1.3 this morning...I've been getting consistent 30-40 fps on my I4770/1080Ti desktop (overclock at 4.3). Like the LJ35 before it, this plane is a lot of fun to fly!

Regards, Rob

36 minutes ago, rmeier said:

Just curious, snpower, but, are you running the GTN750(s) by any chance? If you are, try adjusting the core settings in your GTN set-up...for me, "all cores" works best for my set-up...you can experiment a bit.

I just downloaded V1.3 this morning...I've been getting consistent 30-40 fps on my I4770/1080Ti desktop (overclock at 4.3). Like the LJ35 before it, this plane is a lot of fun to fly!

Regards, Rob

Interesting point. I am not familiar; I have the Reality XP GTN's and yes they are installed.

I found the following line(s) in the .ini file for the Reality XP units. I changed the CPU value from -1 to 0. Didn't do much if anything BUT when I turn the unit(s) OFF the FPS is where I would expect it to be..

; sets trainer process CPU: 1 to 32 (0: last core, -1: automatic).
CpuAffinity = 0

Edited by snpower

I'm actually using the Flight1 version of the GTN. In my case, using cores "auto" causes a significant FPS loss with the F1 units...why I suggested "all". BTW, I do not use an affinity mask in my cfg file. Sounds like you might be on the right track...have you considered posting to the RealityXP forum? (I had their 500 series installed in the AS Twin Otter which caused me fits with Process Lasso...can't remember anymore what that resolution was.)

Good luck!

Rob

6 minutes ago, rmeier said:

I'm actually using the Flight1 version of the GTN. In my case, using cores "auto" causes a significant FPS loss with the F1 units...why I suggested "all". BTW, I do not use an affinity mask in my cfg file. Sounds like you might be on the right track...have you considered posting to the RealityXP forum? (I had their 500 series installed in the AS Twin Otter which caused me fits with Process Lasso...can't remember anymore what that resolution was.)

Good luck!

Rob

Yes... I will post over there!