Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Phenom 300 Specified serial not valid

Hello all,

My first post in this particular forum.

I bought the Phenom 300 with the navpac from Carenado in September, got and installed the Bert Pieke GTN750 mod and started flying it regularly. I have loved it. 

Two weeks ago, I suffered a total failureon my standalone P3Dv4  250GB  SSD. I bought a new  one and reinstalledP3Dv4 and the first aircraft I tried to install was the Phenom.  In every instance, I got the message "Specified serial not valid" after inserting email and serial number. I contacted Carenado who gave me much advice ie turn of antivirus, defender VPN etc. All of this I do as a matter of course, for every installation be it aircraft, scenery or utility. 

Obviously, this has not worked and after abut ten days of frustration, and a spectacular lack of success, Carenado graciously, generously offered me a free alternative aircraft. Whilst enormously appreciated, this unsolicited offer is not really what I want, but it did raise a question for me which I will mention a little later. So I requested permission to air this dilemna in a more public arena. Carenado, again graciously granted that permission so here I am.

What I seek is some solution to this problem that has not been covered. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and how they may have solved it. Any help woud be very much appreciated.

If this cannot be solved, I was thinking of acquiring the synthetic vision programme and was wondering if this was for Carenado aircraft only.  Does it work with any other aircraft at all or can it be modified to do so (if in fact that is legal to do so)

Thanks in anticipation for any assistance

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thank you

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony, welcome to the Prepar3D forum, sorry to hear of your problems.

I run Bitdefender Internet Security and that halts my installations  some times and Il have to go through the settings to exclude the set up program, not sure if Defender has that. your problem looks like that the serial number is locked into the failed ssd drive. Did Carenado  not offer a different key/serial.

Are your other add-ons ok

I have the Phenom 300  and the GTN750 but at the moment I'm trying to come up to speed with the Flysimware dassult Falcon f50.

I use the flight1  synthetic vision in the Alabeo PA44 Seminole with the GTN750 and find the combination very good, Not sure if the Carenado  synthetic vision work with the flight 1 GTN750 or has the equivalent functions. However if you purchased it you need to check which add-ons you could install it into

best wishes ,  bob

Bob,

Thanks for your reply matey.

Firstly let me please reiterate that the Carenado response was very good. 

I do not have Bit defender but my win defender was turned off ... Avira antivirus was turned off ...  UAC notifications turned off ... all other internet turned off. These procedures, I might add, are almost automatic with all my installations now.

It simply did not matter what actions I took, The response was exactlythe same.

Carenado did not offer a new serial number.  In fact they specifically stated that, that was not the problem and subsequently offered the new free aircraft as a replacement.  I just loved the Phenom 300 so the offer (whilst very much appreciated)  was not a totally attractive alternative.                                     

I understood that the Synthetic Vision was for the MFD only and that is not where my GTN was/is housed. If Synthetic Vision could be inserted into the GTN (flight 1) which I have in several aircraft, that would be incredible.  Has anyone tried to put it into the GTN software???. If that was indeed the case I would jump at that, as an alternative, despite still wanting my Phenom back LOL

I am very interested in your, or anybodys, response.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Tony, I noted on Carenado product page the  synthetic vision is for all Carenado aircraft equipped with G1000 , unlike the Flight1 version requires the GTN750 to be installed, as this drives there version.

Have you had any problems installing any other carenado products or any other non carenado products.

Did you install prepar3D ok, normally if you have a problem and you haven't deactivated p3d you need to go to LM to sort out.

Did the new ssd drive have the same letter, could be  the install is looking for the old drive . you could try browsing for the location of p3d. (not sure if this action is after you have filled in the serial number)

edit …   is there anything in windows defender history re quarantine of any programs or files.

bob

Edited by onebob

Bob,

That is a comprehensive reply and for that I thank you.

I have no other Carenado aircraft either in FS2004, P3D or XPlane.

SSD was a very simple replacement and it automatically had the drive name D: All else normal ... I created a new folder (P3Dv4) and reinstalled P3D. Installation was entirely normal and worked well "out of the box" and did not require re-activation.

I have, over the years, accumulated some 30 odd payware and freeware aircraft for P3D. Some of the payware I bought before I had installed P3Dv4 as I anticipated going to VR in the future thereby eliminating the six monitors that simply do not work with P3D. All are installed and working beautifully. I might add that the Carenado was the first I tried to install after the SSD replacement. I subsequently installed some aircraft and interspersed them with further attempts to install the Phenom. All attempts resulted in "Specified Serial number is not valid" 

There is nothing relevant in Win Defender history.

So, I stress that EVERYTHING else I have in P3D is working well and I have no problems (other than not having a rich sugar daddy to buy me all the other stuff I want LOL)

Again, I am somewhat mystified with the GTN stuff.  I am of the impression that Synthetic vision is instlled on the MFD and not on the GTN ND. Is this an incorrect assumption?.  If it could, in fact, be installed on the F1 GTN 750 would it not just replace the "terrain" folder?

Anyway, thanks for the help and of course, anything further is, as always, appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony

There are two Synthetic visions, flight1 and carenado

The flight1 SV requires their GTN750 and you also need to download the Garmin Trainer for the GTN750 ( from garmin)

Installing them into an add-on airplane depends on the developer but simmers have managed to retro fit them. (more so for the GTN750 < not heard of any body doing it with the SV))

The Carenado SV requires the G1000 , I suppose this means their airplanes that have a panel with a G1000 in them.

I have the Flight1 Synthetic vision along with their GTN750 in the Alabeo PA44 Seminole, which had a dual panel option ( SV  G600 and steam)  this option was out before they sold their stand alone version..

'If it could, in fact, be installed on the F1 GTN 750 would it not just replace the "terrain" folder? ' Not sure what you mean by this , The GTN750 get its info from the Garmin trainer as noted above,

just another thought I know you turned off your AV but did you do the same with Windows Firewall , is their anything in the settings that may be upsetting the install.

bob

Edited by onebob

Bob,

Sorry about the lack of response re your last mate.

I have actually been trying to find some further information regarding the Flight1 GTN750 synthetic vision. Not with any success mind you.

Can you tell me if this is already integrated into the Standard GTN750 and if so how is it accessed. I have the GTN750 complete. If it is not, where can I buy it for the product I have?
As far as I can see, there has been no publicity about it and I believe, if it is indeed a seperate product, it is incredibly difficult to find. I googled Flight1 Synthetic vision and got links to the GTN750. From that page I searched for synthetic vision which took me directly to a Carenado products page.

Also as far as I know, Garmin trainer is a requirement for the GTN 750 to function.

If you could please give me that info, I shall struggle on with the installations into other aircraft at a later date.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

18 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

If you could please give me that info, I shall struggle on with the installations into other aircraft at a later date.

Just look for the G500/G600 at flight 1 all the info is there.

the only airplanes they cater for are

Alabeo PA31 350 Chieftain
Alabeo PA44 Seminole

in all other you can only have a2d pop up

bob

Bob,

Thanks again for that info mate.

On reflection, it looks like a word not allowed good unit BUT ...

It is a separate purchase and not cheap at USD70. It is only usable in a few aircraft (as you pointed out) at this time. The Carenado Synthnetic Vision is probably not comparable because it is a standalone programme and usable only (as far as I know) in Carenado aircraft, but for the same USD70 I can purchase one and a half Carenado aircraft and the Synthetic Vision. I also don't know if I am all that eager to purchase a whole lot of Carenado aircraft just to utilise the Synthetic Vision, however good it may be. I am not being disparaging here with that statement and meant it in the way that I do not fly, nor do I anticipate flying the lights that Carenado sell.

If I could utilise the G500/600 in more of my aircraft, the purchase would be a no brainer as it looks absolutely great and very versatile in all aspects except for the aircraft it can be used in.

I can see now why I was so confused though. 

Thanks to all for the help in this.  I think I will just have to wait to see whaty Carenado come up with next and make a decision then. It would, however, be nice to be able to install the Phenom I originally purchased, so I will keep working on that.

I will attempt to install the installer on my laptop (which does not have P3D by the way) to see if I can get past that message. If that occurs, Then I will have to look further into my system.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.