Sign in to follow this  
tshea

Which database ships on 430 ?

Hi - I was wondering how recent the database is when you order online ?

Is it the latest and greatest Jepp DBase ?

Thanks

Todd.

Hi,

The Garmin GNS trainer we're shipping with the RXP GNS V2 includes a SEP09 DB.

Should you get a hand on the GTN Trainer 6.11, its DB is compatible with the GNS too!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi - I purchased the software but the database is from 2010.

Is there a way to update the database ?  most of the approaches in the database are obsolete.

Thanks

Todd.

2 minutes ago, tshea said:

Is there a way to update the database ?  most of the approaches in the database are obsolete.

Thanks

Todd.

If you look above to a couple of responses in this topic you will see an important clue.  Each of these GPS gauges are closely based on equivalent Garmin Trainers, and associated databases.  While Garmin may not have updated their GNS trainer databases in a few years, and I emphasis "trainer databases" the databases of their GTN trainer have been applicable to their GNS products. Those Garmin GTN databases have been updated re their updated GTN trainers. So the updated GTN databases may be used, upon learning how, to Garmin's older GNS gauges, and thus to simulator products based on those earlier Garmin trainers.

While the GTN products for simulators may cost you approx $50 US, that is much less than Garmin charges for database updates that might apply to its GNS series.  In other words, if you have no desire for more current simulator GTN gauges, purchase of such GTN gauges may provide you with updated databases compatible with the older GNS gauges you embrace, and that for much less cost than the DB updates alone from Garmin might cost you.

There is a learning curve you must work through to apply updates from one series to the other. You seem motivated. You should find success.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

While the GTN products for simulators may cost you approx $50 US, that is much less than Garmin charges for database updates that might apply to its GNS series.  In other words, if you have no desire for more current simulator GTN gauges, purchase of such GTN gauges may provide you with updated databases compatible with the older GNS gauges you embrace, and that for much less cost than the DB updates alone from Garmin might cost you.

The GTN Trainer is free.. no need to spend any money, I would think..

Bert

3 hours ago, tshea said:

Thanks

Todd.

One thing to note is that Garmin stopped providing small airports for their WW databases in early 2016.

So, if WW is your thing... the 1513 database is a good bet.

If you are OK with either WW large airports only, or a regional database for North America or Europe, you can look for a 2018 database.

Bert

Hi,

Please note this is only the GTN Trainer v6.11 I'm talking about. Any newer GTN trainer database is in a different format (DB2) which the GNS can't read. Should you are looking for GTN DB's I'm sure it is already discussed on the internet somewhere. Maybe starting to search google with a combination of keywords like: "AIRAC 1810 RealityXP GTN 750/650" might prove useful.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for all the input - I got this product to help me with my IFR renewal - all the non-precision approaches up here in Canada have been replaced with RNAV.  I was concerned that the local RNAV approaches (around Ottawa) were not in the database - but after trying a few RNAV GNSS approaches that are included they are all pretty much the same so all is good.  Thanks again.

12 minutes ago, tshea said:

but after trying a few RNAV GNSS approaches that are included they are all pretty much the same so all is good.  Thanks again.

Thank you for your feedback!

It is often hyped as "trainer based product is worthless because I use navigraph in the simulator, or I fly pilotedge", but more often than not, procedures don't change much in most parts of the world!