Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

I Give Up! I Can't Start this Falcon 50

I've read the manual and followed the instructions, but I can't get this started at all.  

I cutoff my throttles, turn on the batteries and Gen switches, turn on the CMP switches select "Ready To Start" and hold down the red button for 2 seconds.........nothing....but.....silence.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you,

Bob

26 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I cutoff my throttles

To start? Really?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It says to be sure that your throttles are cut off before starting, then push the red button for two seconds and wait for 20% N2 and cut the throttle on. I can't get the engines to spin up at all.  

I bet you killed the battery and saved the flight. Make sure you have the GPU or APU running or reload the aircraf. And press ready to start before you do all those steps. Most will be setup.

35 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

I bet you killed the battery and saved the flight. Make sure you have the GPU or APU running or reload the aircraf. And press ready to start before you do all those steps. Most will be setup.

Thanks.  My battery is not dead and I haven't saved a flight at all.  I cannot get the GPU to work at all either.   When I click on it I see a green check mark, but it goes away.

I have been clicking on "Ready to Start" and I see the switches set themselves, but it still doesn't start when I push the red buttons and hold them for two seconds.

Just now, signmanbob said:

Thanks.  My battery is not dead and I haven't saved a flight at all.  I cannot get the GPU to work at all either.   When I click on it I see a green check mark, but it goes away.

I have been clicking on "Ready to Start" and I see the switches set themselves, but it still doesn't start when I push the red buttons and hold them for two seconds.

Ok seems your battery is not dead. For GPU you must turn off all generators and select EXT POWER above the starters. Now shift + 2 click the GPU.

For the engine start click "ready to start" right click the tab below the throttles. Then click the starter button and wait for N2. This works every time for me. The left click the throttle tab again for the engine to spool up beyond N2 20%.

Ok seems your battery is not dead. For GPU you must turn off all generators and select EXT POWER above the starters. Now shift + 2 click the GPU.

14 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

For the engine start click "ready to start" right click the tab below the throttles. Then click the starter button and wait for N2. This works every time for me. The left click the throttle tab again for the engine to spool up beyond N2 20%.

That worked!  The engines are started. Thank you. I could have sworn that I had been doing just that. 

I still didn't get the GPU to connect, but I'll worry  about that later.

I appreciate your help.

Thank  you,

Bob

Yup, the engine starting is ropey as anything on mine too, half the time it doesn't work at all. I've given up with trying to do it properly and resorted to hitting Control+E. Which, actually does work ironically, but it's not really ideal to be doing that. Those engine control switches on the overhead could do with tool tips as well incidentally, it's not at all obvious which way some of them should be flipped to be selected as 'on'.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, the engine starting is ropey as anything on mine too, half the time it doesn't work at all. I've given up with trying to do it properly and resorted to hitting Control+E. Which, actually does work ironically, but it's not really ideal to be doing that. Those engine control switches on the overhead could do with tool tips as well incidentally, it's not at all obvious which way some of them should be flipped to be selected as 'on'.

I had tried Ctrl+E and couldn't get it to work. The only way you can tell which way the switches supposed to go is by selecting "Ready to Start".  Then they'll flip the right way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Computers do not work like that and decide i will work half the time. It works every time. Also CTRL + E does not work.

14 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Computers do not work like that and decide i will work half the time. It works every time. Also CTRL + E does not work.

Try telling that to HAL 9000 lol, and oh yes it does, that is how I started the engines. 😊

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

This Falcon 50 is a lot of fun to fly.  I have a lot to learn, but it is quite different and really lots of fun.  I'm going to really love this aircraft.  I hope the engines keep starting for me too now. I'm afraid to shut it off.

That trim has an unusual sound.  I heard that pop, pop, pop and thought something was breaking.

18 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

This Falcon 50 is a lot of fun to fly.  I have a lot to learn, but it is quite different and really lots of fun.  I'm going to really love this aircraft.  I hope the engines keep starting for me too now. I'm afraid to shut it off.

That trim has an unusual sound.  I heard that pop, pop, pop and thought something was breaking.

Yup, in spite of some engine traumas (it is a beta after all), I think it's great too. Not that I expected anything less from this developer, based on all the other stuff of theirs I've bought, notably their Lear and C441 which are certainly among my favourites, but also a lot of their other ones too which I also have. It's that consistent good quality which made me decide, right when I first heard they were making it, that their Falcon 50 would be an 'instant buy' for me.

And it means I can set fire to my Wilco Dassault now although it probably would even burn at 4 frames per second 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

I agree Alan.  I also have just about everything that Flysimware makes and there all great, but my favorite has been the Lear and now this Falcon.  This thing is pretty wild. 😅

17 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

That was the copilot making popcorn in the microwave!