Sign in to follow this  
hypercide

Flight Sim World assets scuttlebutt??

On 11/19/2018 at 1:58 AM, Matthew Kane said:

The biggest issue was the third party, their TSW does not have 3rd party and as a result it is very lacking with routes, even the ones they have are not entire routes, just small portions of regions. For FSW it would have been the same, they don't have the people power to produce content to keep a salivating customer base happy, this is why 3rd party is important. P3D on the other had has done a great job of working with and licencing 3rd party content.

I agree I like what DTG has done with both FSW and TSW but you need a vibrant creative 3rd party community to push each title to its limits, their small team alone will never do that. 

You do realize that before Train Sim World, the whole Train Sim series, still developed by DTG, has been one of the popular "sims" out there with tons of DLCs all developed by them?

We simply don't know how big the FSW office was 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

4 hours ago, france89 said:

You do realize that before Train Sim World, the whole Train Sim series, still developed by DTG, has been one of the popular "sims" out there with tons of DLCs all developed by them?

We simply don't know how big the FSW office was 🙂

Their is a big difference between Train Sim World and Train Simulator 2019. Even though both are published by DTG the difference is Train Simulator 2019 and its predecessors does allow third party content, Train Sim World does not allow third party content. They also use two different gaming engines and the one used by TS2019 is dated, TSW uses a more superior gaming engine. I was commenting on Train Sim World

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

Their is a big difference between Train Sim World and Train Simulator 2019. Even though both are published by DTG the difference is Train Simulator 2019 and its predecessors does allow third party content, Train Sim World does not allow third party content. They also use two different gaming engines and the one used by TS2019 is dated, TSW uses a more superior gaming engine. I was commenting on Train Sim World

I am aware. And yet only recently DTG started having more third party content for Train Simulator 2019 (and older ones). So my point was that they are well capable of handling it on their own, if they want to. Because that is exactly what they did for few years on Train Sim 2019.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I was following DTG's moves since 2014, when they got the license from Microsoft. I got flight school on day one then won for free the FSW license. It was a good sim, but never was my main sim, as it was unfinished.

Since they closed the development I moved to X-Plane 11 for good. I think I'm happy with what I get and have no intentions to move back to FSW or move to a new Sim based on FSW. I think most part of the other simmers think the same. 

Their first steps were made on 2016 and it was really hard to them, the feedback was bad. Still they had a small chance to be successful. Now we're almost on 2019, they failed, both P3D and X-Plane 11 are maturing nicely. We have a third option with Aerofly. I think the enviroment isn't the best to release a new sim, even more if it's FSW 2. 

Edited by ca_metal