Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

EFB LBS set as default

Hello:

I am having a problem keeping the EFB set to LBS by default.  I select LBS, hit save.  But, the next time I load the sim and the 748, KG loads in the EFB again.

Any help please.  Thank you.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

17 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Running the sim as admin?

Yes!  Absolutely every time.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Then please check that you have excluded the relevant P3D folderl from your antivirus, could be that it prohibits any writing to the files. If that‘s not the case either and since nobody else has jumped in here after that time I would suggest a trouble ticket to the support guys. 

On 11/18/2018 at 5:40 AM, Ephedrin said:

Then please check that you have excluded the relevant P3D folderl from your antivirus, could be that it prohibits any writing to the files. If that‘s not the case either and since nobody else has jumped in here after that time I would suggest a trouble ticket to the support guys. 

Actually, I think this may be down to the panel state. The panel state save saves an EFB file. If you change the defaults in the EFB - much like changing any switch in a panel state - you need to re-save the panel state with this new setting.

Sounds like he's not saving, and then, when the panel state (with the original setting) re-loads on the next sim session, it's loading the (proper) setting from the file that never got overwritten.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Actually, I think this may be down to the panel state. The panel state save saves an EFB file. If you change the defaults in the EFB - much like changing any switch in a panel state - you need to re-save the panel state with this new setting.

Sounds like he's not saving, and then, when the panel state (with the original setting) re-loads on the next sim session, it's loading the (proper) setting from the file that never got overwritten.

Good to know that functionality, thanks for clearing up, Kyle! So it's not a setting, but a function. 

10 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Good to know that functionality, thanks for clearing up, Kyle! So it's not a setting, but a function. 

That's my thought so far, yeah.

Kyle Rodgers

EFB units are not saved to the panel state file, but to the options.ini file and are specific to the airframe.

Aaron, are you aware that EFB units are independent from the units you select in the FMC options menu? You could have LBS selected in the FMC and KG in the EFB. EFB units are selected from the EFB itself in the SYETEM>APPLICATION PREFERENCES page. If you set LBS there, the EFB will remain in LBS each time you load the same aircraft, regardless of panel state.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi Crew:

When I run the sim, I always run it w/ right-click run as admin and I also disable my anti-virus software.

I am aware of the settings KG vs. LBS in both the FMS and the EFB.  The FMS loads in LBS fine but the EFB does not.  I set the EFB to LBS but it returns back to KG after I terminate the flight and exit the sim.  

I can't get it to stay on LBS as a default, I always have to go back in and change it.

Aaron Ortega

Aaron,

The EFB unit preferences are written in the [EFB] section of an .ini file located at [Sim folder]\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft and named after the aircraft registration number (for example N748PM.ini for the house colors passenger 747-8).

To be 100% sure, can you confirm you set the EFB units from the EFB SYSTEM>APPLICATION PREFERENCES page and then press the SAVE button?

If you can confirm this then please contact support and pass them the above information.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

5 hours ago, mfrantz said:

Aaron,

The EFB unit preferences are written in the [EFB] section of an .ini file located at [Sim folder]\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft and named after the aircraft registration number (for example N748PM.ini for the house colors passenger 747-8).

To be 100% sure, can you confirm you set the EFB units from the EFB SYSTEM>APPLICATION PREFERENCES page and then press the SAVE button?

If you can confirm this then please contact support and pass them the above information.

Howdy:

I will do that thanks.  But you made one comment that has me scratching my head - "Named after the A/C reg."  So, do I need to change from KG to LBS. on each aircraft?  I rarely fly the same airplane.  So much like the FMS settings, the EFB settings are specific to each airplane?

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving.

Aaron Ortega

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So, do I need to change from KG to LBS. on each aircraft?  I rarely fly the same airplane.  So much like the FMS settings, the EFB settings are specific to each airplane?

Ideally if an aircraft livery from PMDG had the options set similar to the actual aircraft then if they use KG the option would be set to KG. So in this case you don't have to select KG vs LB.  But yes, each EFB inherits the EFB options of the specific aircraft that it is a part of.  Notice that the PMDG Options are either AIRCRAFT or SIMULATION.  Those SIMULATION options are the only options that are global across all aircraft of that product.

Dan Downs KCRP

Fair enough.  Thanks all.

Aaron Ortega

Yes EFB units are aircraft specific.

However, the default EFB units of each aircraft are set to be the same as the FMC units.

So, if you load a new livery that has KG units and you are fine with that you don't have to change the EFB preferences. But if you want LBS then you need to change both the FMC options and the EFB preferences from KG to LBS. You have to do this once. The next time you load the same aircraft the units of your choice will be retained

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg