Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

PMDG 737 Com 2 radio problem and Speed problem

Hi Dave

With P2A connected I am unable to use Com 2 to get the ATIS at my destination. Is P2A not setup to enable use of Com 2 ?

If P2A is not setup to handle Com 2 I assume I would have to use Com 1 and request a frequency change to get the destination ATIS and then return back to the original frequency. Is that correct?

P2A seems to be overly sensitive to speed. I am flying the PMDG737 in LNAV/VNAV and the a/c has the speed restriction set to 250kts. I see a slight positive variation of perhaps 2 or 3 knots and P2A

keeps telling me to reduce speed to 250kts. Is this normal?

Regards Colin

Operation of Com2 can be affected by the aircraft and SIM being used.  However, P2A cannot monitor Com2 while being tuned to Com1, so what you are tying to do will not work to get ATIS.

You can request to leave frequency, check ATIS and then report back to the original controller.  That is supported.

The speed alerts are triggered when your IAS is above 260, so there's a 10 kt variance allowed.  If using Auto Thrust, I usually set it to 240 or 245 to give a little more cushion for turbulence, etc.  If flying a Heavy jet, (Heavy checked in call sign assignment) the limit is 280 with a 10 kt cushion, so anything above 290 will cause the call.

Dave