Sign in to follow this  
paulh1

QualityWings 787

Hi All

I realise that this aircraft has its own forum, however I am having huge issues logging in, so maybe someone can help me here.

Yes I am using prepar3dv4 as my simulator, and have just installed the QualityWings 787 as well as my existing PMDG 747-400

When I use the 747, all my flight plans were created with PFPX and stored in the Prepar3d/pmdg/flight plans folder as .RTE files.

I wish to use these flight plans with the new 787. So I copied these .RTE flight plans across to the 

Prepar3d/QualityWings/QW787/Flight plans folder. (I am led to believe that the 787 also uses RTE files rather that .PLN files.

When entering data into the CDU. it recognizes the flight plans in the folder, and can find them by using the find flight plans option.

Also when entering the flight plan manually into the company route lsk, it recognizes the flightplan. However when I go to the route data page.

None of the waypoints for the flight plan has been infilled. This works fine on the 747 FMC. So what needs to be done to get the

787 to accept my current flight plans, and insert the waypoints into the CDU. I also have these flight plans in .PLN format, which I use 

for ProATC-X. Can anyone help.

Regards  Paul

If I recall, the 787 doesn't recognize the format of PFPX.  You have to import to QW via simbrief.  If the 787 does recognize PFPX, you'll have to config. PFPX to import the flight plans to the QW folder.  I'm not in front of my computer at the moment but that option I believe is in one of the setting options.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The RTE files the QW787 uses is not the same format as PMDG uses. So copying the .rte files from the PMDG to the QW787 folder will not work.  You'll need to export the files from the PFPX  application to the QW787 folder.

Also the QW787 'does' support the .PLN format used by the FSPlanner.  Those files you can copy to the QW787 folder and will work. 

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

QW787 and pfpx work for sure. I just need to get out of bed and look at the settings 🙂

Just point your outputfolder to your QW folder? There is allready a default location for it in PFPX. Never had any issue regarding the flightplanning. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png