Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

ATC Closes. Is it only me??

Hello everybody,

when i operate aircraft doors, the ATC window closes itself. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!!

Must be an addon problem. Doesn't happen for me in P3D 4.3.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Did you check your shortcuts (keystrokes) would they be identical for closing doors and ATC window by any chance, go to assignments.

Checked. no double assignment. This happens even i have NO KEY assigned to ACT open-close.... weird. More weird: it happens even if i operate doors via panel clicking mouse on the gauge... Nonsense!

I guess the next logical step is to list all the add-ons you have installed (not just aircraft) - including freeware. 

Orbx global and vector, FSUIPC. I deactivated all orbx stuff and removed any assignment in FSUIPC. Problem is still there, infact i do not think a scenery addon can interfere with commands / doors / atc

I really have no clue :( plz help! This is making me going crazy

I know that it's not a solution, but why is it a problem which makes you crazy? 

Once you are asking ATC for startup the doors should be already closed (and hopefully you don't open them again until after engine shutdown...

In your P3D assignments, did you check all potential conflicting assignments including those in slew mode (as I am away from my sim, I don't recall the three categories of assignments) one tends to forget that regardless of its location a conflict of assignments between categories can still interfere in the normal mode. Which "close door" command do you use and with which airplane? 

Edited by Jean-Claude

I encounter the same issue, the ATC window closes, and I think mine is related to FSDreamTeam GSX...anytime I hit F12 to bring up the GSX window, my ATC window closes. In P3Dv4.3 I checked all my key and axis mappings, and the only thing mapped to "ATC show/hide" is ` which is the lower case simbol on tilde key.

I haven't posted on the FSDT forums, so for me that will be my next step. I'll report here on any response.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I see. My case is absolutely nonsense. 

I disabled every addon, and unassigned every key from door control, in p3d and fsuipc. 

I created a small gauge that opens the doors clicking a button with the mouse, so no key stroke, and it happens anyways. 

Puzzling. 

Which version of P3D v4 are you using?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have you tried renaming your controls.xml file and letting P3D build a new one from scratch?

Honestly, it sounds like a stuck key issue but I'm sure you would have noticed it somewhere else if that was the case.

Edited by MDFlier
splleing errors

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440