Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys,

Once again I need your help. I made a huge upgrade and now the rig is working very well. 8600K OC 5.0ghz, 3600 mhz ram. 4k. But.....

I have a GTX 1060 6GB AERO MSI OC. The card is performing good on 4k. But I See Medium quality in Cloud texture. 

So I'd live to upgrade GPU. Especially for 4K. Do I have to use a 1080ti or is also a 1080 enough for good quality. Need your experience in that case. I know the differences of both but not sure what I really need for 4K. Operate only one monitor. Thx in advance. 

Edited by zwenna

25 minutes ago, zwenna said:

Hi guys,

Once again I need your help. I made a huge upgrade and now the rig is working very well. 8600K OC 5.0ghz, 3600 mhz ram. 4k. But.....

I have a GTX 1060 6GB AERO MSI OC. The card is performing good on 4k. But I See Medium quality in Cloud texture. 

So I'd live to upgrade GPU. Especially for 4K. Do I have to use a 1080ti or is also a 1080 enough for good quality. Need your experience in that case. I know the differences of both but not sure what I really need for 4K. Operate only one monitor. Thx in advance. 

The GPU market is a joke right now.  Prices are ridiculous.  Unless u have money to burn I would go with a used 1080ti.  A 1070ti/1080 would work well but I just don’t see that as a worthwhile upgrade over a 1060.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

8 minutes ago, zwenna said:

How about a 1080 instead of a 1080ti?

It all depends on your settings.  Dynamic lighting, AA, shadows, and flying at night put a huge sticky load on the GPU.  If u want to ramp those settings up u will need a 1080ti minimum.  For example I run 4ssaa, dynamic lighting, lots of shadows, and HD cloud textures.  At night with overcast weather I can saturate both my 1080ti's in SLI.

Matt Wilson