Sign in to follow this  
Mr_LoL

Blueprint KLAX V3 Opinions

I gave up flying in SOCAL, period! The Orbx performance of the area is abysmal and when combined with FSDT KLAX it literally is unflyable for me. Stutters with frames often well below 24. So I can understand why someone would want to consider an alternative. But for me, I'm not sure I'd want to compromise so heavily on visuals. I simply fly at more performance tolerant airports and sceneries.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Not being an ORBX user, I fly into FSDT's KLAX with US Cities X LA and Megascenery and have no problems with performance at 1080P. Usually 30 FPS (with Active Sky and UTL).

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's a bit of a reach, isn't it?

No

So the original question remains:

http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KLAXv3.html

Does anyone have this scenery? 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you are having issues with enough parking spots, just edit those that are included and also add more yourself.

Shouldn't the developer actually add all the parking spots that are at the Airport when the scenery is made? In FSDT'S version, they have missed all the spots by the Delta maintenance hanger.

• Upvote 1

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

15 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

FSDT is bad?  I think they make awesome scenery!

I'm sorry but I find them overrated. That horrid reshade they have on their runways which makes it look like wet tar 

They haven't even bothered updating their sceneries with Dynamic lighting or at least giving us the option of having it on.

In fact I would put Aerosoft ahead of them. Cologne Bonn is better than ANY FSDT scenery.

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

So the original question remains:

http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KLAXv3.html

Does anyone have this scenery? 

I have the previous version.  I switched to FSDT to get more features.  For the price, BluePrint serves a purpose.  What it comes down to is what your computer can run and what your tastes are for detail, animated jetways, etc...

If you already have FSDT's I'd suggest making some adjustments to the parking, etc... to make it work.  If you don't care about bells and whistles and just want a more up to date airport, then either use BluePrint's, or there is a nice AFCAD in the library for the default one to update it as well.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

16 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

FSDT is bad?  I think they make awesome scenery!

Their sceneries were awesome. In the year 2004 maybe.

• Like 2

Regards, Sebastian

1 hour ago, Mr_LoL said:

Shouldn't the developer actually add all the parking spots that are at the Airport when the scenery is made? In FSDT'S version, they have missed all the spots by the Delta maintenance hanger.

If someone wants to add ALL of the possible parking spots on the field, then that's up to them, but I don't think the dev needs to do it. None of the others do it either.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Mr_LoL said:

I'm sorry but I find them overrated. That horrid reshade they have on their runways which makes it look like wet tar 

I totally agree on the horrible reshade, i'm not sure what they were thinking when they did this 

4 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

If someone wants to add ALL of the possible parking spots on the field, then that's up to them, but I don't think the dev needs to do it. None of the others do it either.

I'm sorry I have to disagree.

Sceneries that we pay £30 for should have ALL the parking spots like the real life counterpart modelled. Thats not unreasonable. If you think it is you're easily pleased. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you are having issues with enough parking spots, just edit those that are included and also add more yourself.

Any good tutorials that you can reccomend? For some reason I’m having issues with ADE and getting the scenery edits to load in p3d after compilation. 

2 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Sceneries that we pay £30 for should have ALL the parking spots like the real life counterpart modelled. Thats not unreasonable. If you think it is you're easily pleased. 

While I am fairly easily pleased, I have never once found an addon airport file that I haven't had to heavily edit. There's so much more to simply including EVERY parking spot. The scenery dev's could make the lines for them in any scenery but to include each actual spot would have AI overlapping and parking all over each other. Keep in mind also that every airport release is a snapshot in time, parking changes fairly frequently and it's not up to the devs to keep track of the multitude of possible airline maintenance parking combinations.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Whilst you are correct that some parking spots overlap each other, I do think that all usable parking spots (at least the gates and important ramps) should be included. In fact, I have just recently updated the Aerosoft Dublin AFD file because quite a few parking spots that could have been included were not (for whatever reason).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png