Sign in to follow this  
bnm

SODE IS ACTING UP

Hi guys,

Just finished a flight and pulled up to my gate at flytampa's toronto in the pmdg 777.

Went to connect sode jetways and this happened.

Any thoughts?

ajljixZ.jpg

Does it happen anywhere else? Did you try the same gate with a different plane. This one's a little unusual because I remember something similar happening with the QualityWings 787 when some people used the aircraft configuration I had for it for GSX, but other people, myself included, didn't. So that makes it somewhat hard to pinpoint.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I tried the the same gate with the pmdg 747, qw787 blackbox a340 ect...

I restarted p3dv4.3 but that did not help.

I then went to fly tampas kai tak (great product) and it worked with the pmdg 777-200lr!!!

OJDVZap.jpg

Cool picture, gates can be so tricky but make for great immersion when they line up!  When I flew on British Airways last year and boarded my 747-400 for my premium economy seat I was astonished when they had me turn left from the airway rather than right toward the rear of the aircraft.  Our seats were well ahead of the wing and just behind business and first class, separated from regular economy.  I was always honored when upgraded to first class, making that left turn away from coach to the envy of other passengers.  On one flight from Montreal to Atlanta my colleague asked for an upgrade to first class, with me right behind him.  When I checked in I said to the gate agent, "You upgraded him to first class and I fly with you just as often, soooo" as I grinned. 

She upgraded me too to first class on that flight to my colleague's amusement.  The previous day I had flown from Phoenix to Montreal and my client cancelled our LAN implementation at the last minute, they got cold feet.  They kindly let us stay overnight, said it was not our fault, they were just not Windows literate.  They gave me a wonderful meal of spaghetti, salad and maple cake for dessert, wonderful people, those Canadians.  Next day I flew back home to Phoenix thru Atlanta, remember seeing NYC from my first class seat on the way down.  More than 4000 miles flown in 24 hours, back and forth, lol....  Happened to me going from SFO to Vegas once too.

John

• Like 1

Oh I see what the problem is, just your normal substandard Air Canada service 😄

From the looks of it those air bridges are too short to reach the aircraft, but I would have to go into the sim to play around. Try moving the aircraft a wee bit closer and see what happens, sometimes the aircraft's position can cause these sort of things.

If you are using GSX you can simply Shift-P to back it out of the space then go into the GSX menu and choose that gate again and choose 'Just Warp There', doing that will place the aircraft in the optimum position, then you can try the gates again and see how the line up.

I am guessing the air bridges are too short for that gate, you could also just use a different gate

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

I have found that on FSDT airports, this SODE is just about as useless. Ctrl+J will not activate the jetway.

3 hours ago, bnm said:

But I was at fly tampas toronto for p3dv4.

No issues here.
d00woaI.jpg

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

I have found that on FSDT airports, this SODE is just about as useless. Ctrl+J will not activate the jetway.

You don't operate SODE Jetways with Ctrl+J

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

37 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You don't operate SODE Jetways with Ctrl+J

So, how does a jetway connect then? Automatically? If so, it's still not doing it.

When you parked in a proper way the Jetway connect automatically if the parking spot is right set up and the plane you're flying has the exit configured.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 11/18/2018 at 3:45 AM, bnm said:

Hi guys,

Just finished a flight and pulled up to my gate at flytampa's toronto in the pmdg 777.

Any thoughts?

Sode will use the coordinates location of your SimObject doors, most likely your airplane has these doors configured in the wrong place, you can edit this location inside the Aircraft.cfg file.

If you are using GSX Gateways then you need to configure the location of your doors using the GSX configuration tool

Regards,
Simbol

On 11/17/2018 at 10:45 PM, bnm said:

Hi guys,

Any thoughts?

ajljixZ.jpg

Well, from the looks of this photo you are not on the right line for parking.

I tried on the solid yellow line next to the dotted line, but the same thing happened.

1 hour ago, bnm said:

I tried on the solid yellow line next to the dotted line, but the same thing happened.

Go to your PMDG folder and open up aircraft.cfg with Notepad. Find the [exits] entries and post them here. My guess is that your version of aircraft.cfg only has one passenger door (2L), so SODE has no idea what to do with the inner jetway. The outer jetway doesn't seem to be placed correctly either. SODE expects the coordinate of the exits to be centered at the midpoint of the passenger door.