Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Falcon 50 - Buttons Buttons and More Buttons

Hi Folks,

Re: Suggestion

As Al is a well aware - LOL - my take - the less I have to jump to a mouse and clicking - the better - WAY better... I have a programmable keyboard and multiple game controllers - so no shortage of hardware...

One of the most obvious places I’d like to see more button control is the start sequence - as it is now I have to jump from three different ChasePlane views during the critical sequence - from the time I hit the start button - Upper Panel - Engine Gauges - and Throttle Quadrant...

In addition - I think most of us don’t have three throttle hardware - persoanlly I use a single throttle...

If there are spare keys you can assign and it’s not too much trouble - here’s what I’d like to see for start mappings...

• Three keys to set each throttle to cuttoff - toggles to move respective throttle out of cutoff on second press...
  • Each starter button mapped as well...

This will allow me to watch the engine instruments during start - instead of jumping around and fumbling for the mouse click spots... I really would like to see this on the Lear as well...

Also noticed I can’t control all the lights via button clicks - that would be nice to have as well... The taxi light is non starndard...

Thanks for the consideration...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott

I use also quite some Saitek modules (Throttles, autopilot and switch panel) and I like too playing with buttons rather than mouse clicks.

Therefore I started a linda/action file that I use for this purpose.

I have the Lvar for the shutoff valves and more ... 

For the shutoff valve only the shutoff is necessary as when you move the throttles they go back to idle position...

If you are iterested, I can share what I have programmed with the Lvar so far. 😉

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hi Pascal,

Sure - if you don’t mind sharing - not exactly sure how to use them though - I did have Al’s LUA scripts setup for the Lear... The only thing with moving the throttles for me - is the single throttle - as it moves all my throttles at once... If I see the scripts I might be able to figure out how they work... 

Regards,

Scott

Of course I don't mind sharing it.

For the shuttoff anyway I put the command for on and off so you will be able to command them separatly 😉

I am going to create a new topic dedicated to the Linda/Action file in order for other pilots to find it easly if they need it as well.

Pascal

• Like 1

si.php?id=1

I put together a F50Controls Lua script that will let you assign buttons or keys for the following actions if you have a payware copy of FSUIPC:

Align Heading Bug with current a/c heading
               Toggle Yaw Damper On and Off
               Toggle F50 Autopilot Engage switch On and Off
               Toggle Falcon50 Landing Light Switch On and Off
               Decrement altitude window setting by 100ft
               Increment altitude window setting by 100ft
               Increment Airbrake setting
               Decrement Airbrake setting
               Silence warning horn
               3-way toggle of the panel clock so it can easily be used as a 'stop watch'
               F50 Go-Around button
               Start F50's engines from " Ready to Start" (implements the 3 engine start sequence)
               Toggles F50's Panel Lights Switch
               Set AP vertical speed (type in VS value)
               Toggle between Nav and GPS modes

Note FSW has already provided easy access to some of these functions through the G1000 softkeys assignments. However, if interested in the controls script just PM me an email address and I'll send you the script with some install instructions.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Hi Al is quicker than me 😁

I don't know how to add a zip file in a topic then PM your Email adress and I will send my Action file 😉

Pascal

si.php?id=1

LINDA seems to be a very nice system to use with external hardware such as the Saitek Panels. Unfortunately I don't really have room for panels so never did much with LINDA.  I also enjoy the process of writing my own Lua scripts.

Al

Hi Al,

I'm ordering one of these for a space saving button box - to supplement my other controllers - I'll let you know how it works out - you can never have too may buttons and rotary encoders... All metal construction - high quality buttons...

😀

0059-2.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Hi,

Please, would it be possible to have a soft key for AP XFR?

Pascal

si.php?id=1

57 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi,

Please, would it be possible to have a soft key for AP XFR?

Pascal

The AP XFER switch is on the HCP-AP popup you get by clicking on the HSI.

Al