Sign in to follow this  
DylanC

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog On Sale

If anyone is interested, it's on sale in the US for the lowest I've seen it for $349.99 at Amazon.  http://a.co/d/ii5LKMz

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

ATTENTION: DELL BLACK FRIDAY HAS THE SAME PRICE FOR THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG: $349!!!

https://pilot.search.dell.com/warthog

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/a9758777

or $424 including a stand to put them on.

the picture is for the stand, that's the stand in the package. The control will be the Warthog stick and throttle, not the racing wheel.

A9758777.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hi Folks,

So - $349.00 is very good ? I haven't been following them...

Also - do you have to use their proprietary software - or can you just use FSUIPC as with a standard HOTAS ?

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog is an excellent stick/throttle combo. It works perfectly with FSUIPC and it is extremely durable. Thrustmaster also previously announced an F-18 Hornet version, but given that the DCS Hornet is still in early access, it hasn't been released yet. Maybe that's why the Warthog version has dropped in price everywhere as of late. The new version could be just on the horizon.

• Like 1

If you have any inkling that you might like it, buy it.  You'll love it.  Great piece of solid (physically) hardware, all programmable with FSUIPC.  And obviously perfect for DCS if you're into that.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yeah mine is probably about 2 years old now.  Forgot what I paid for it.  No issues.  I purchased the height extension from MFG crosswinds, which gives a bit of additional control since the end to end swing sweeps out a larger distance.  It has a solid feel to it.  When I put my hand on the old joystick (Saitek X36F) it feels like a floppy hot-dog that's been laying out in the sun all day.

Mark

too late to edit. (the picture I showed was for the racing stand which is $250 for stand only. the actual stand is the flight stand which is $300 for stand only).

Here's the flight stand sales page (stand only). Notice the difference in the picture on the bottom as the flight stand bottom platform is more level as for rudder pedals instead of sloped as for driving pedals.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/a9848948

A9848948.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog is an excellent stick/throttle combo. It works perfectly with FSUIPC and it is extremely durable. Thrustmaster also previously announced an F-18 Hornet version, but given that the DCS Hornet is still in early access, it hasn't been released yet. Maybe that's why the Warthog version has dropped in price everywhere as of late. The new version could be just on the horizon.

I think the current expectation is that there will be a new f18 grip but no throttle. The base / gimbal will also be the same as the warthog current version. 

Hoping for a redesign of the gimbal personally......

Hi Folks,

Been thinking about this stand as well...

Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog Wheel Stand

518fTV7pE1L.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, GHarrall said:

I think the current expectation is that there will be a new f18 grip but no throttle. The base / gimbal will also be the same as the warthog current version. 

Hoping for a redesign of the gimbal personally......

Well that's pretty lame if true. All the lighted labels on the throttle unit correspond to the A-10 Warthog. People have modded the labels for other aircraft, but that's not the same as a specific F-18 throttle unit.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

LOL. They must have saw you post the link and then decided to do maintenance on the website.

🙂 sounds about right.......

Seems to be running now. (at least at my end)

Very nice. Too bad it's not made in the UK or there might be a deep discount soon.:ohmy:

The HOTAS throttle chair mount looks like something in my price range Or maybe just the dust shield.